The Vietnamese passport has fallen by eight notches to rank 94th on a list of the world's most powerful passports, according to the latest report released by Henley Passport Index.
|Japan holds onto first position as the most powerful passport. (Photo: Internet)|
Haley Passport Index ranks passports of 199 economies worldwide based on the number of countries a holder can visit without first needing to obtain a visa or apply for one upon entry.
The ranking is based on data compiled by the International Air Transport Association, a group which maintains the world's largest and most comprehensive database of travel information.
The latest index indicates that people holding a Vietnamese passport enjoy free access to 54 countries and territories globally.
Japan holds onto first position as the most powerful passport in the world this year, with its citizens able to visit 193 countries and territories without needing to apply for a visa.
Elsewhere, Singapore ranked second with visa exemptions to 192 countries, followed by the Republic of Korea and Germany tied in third position, with holders of both passports having visa free access to 191 destinations worldwide.
In contrast, the world's weakest passports are those from poor countries mired in conflict, including the likes of Syria, Somalia, Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. Passport holders from these nations are only able to visit between 26 and 32 other countries without visas.
- One Vietnamese refugee family’s quest for solace
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 21
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 28
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 29
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 22
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 25
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 26
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 23
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 19
- PM asks for parliament's approval on lower GDP growth amid virus challenges
- Markets fall after ETF reviews portfolio
- 'Phuc Dat Bich': man says he created name hoax to fool media and Facebook
- Coronavirus live updates: UC anticipates loss of up to $250 million in coming school year
- Coronavirus live updates: S.F. retreats on rent policy that slammed suffering businesses
- Boris BACKS DOWN on NHS charge for foreign health workers: PM orders ministers to remove £400 levy after impassioned plea from Syrian refugee filmmaker-turned-cleaner
- Coronavirus live updates: Volunteers needed for contact tracing program in Santa Clara County
- Coronavirus live updates: Back to school set for Aug. 17 with ‘major changes’ for SF kids
- Coronavirus live updates: Worldwide cases exceed 5 million
- Coronavirus live updates: Unemployment continues to rise as worldwide cases exceed 5 million
- Missionary's harrowing last diary entries before he was killed by Sentinelese tribe
Vietnamese passport drops eight places on Henley Passport Index have 404 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.