The event aimed to promote Vietnamese food to Algerian friends and help staff at the Embassy learn more about the local cuisine.
The cooking process for two of Vietnam’s renowned traditional dishes – nem (fried spring rolls) and pho bo (Vietnamese beef noodle soup) – was introduced at the event, along with two Algerian traditional dishes of Méchoui (slow roasted lamb) and salad hamis.
Vietnamese Ambassador to Algeria Nguyen Thanh Vinh spoke highly of the event, hoping that it will bolster mutual understanding amongst people of the two countries and cultural exchange programmes.
He also thanked staff at the ESHRA and wished to maintain cooperation with the school in the coming time, thereby fostering the Vietnam-Algeria traditional friendship.
For his part, ESHRA Rector Badis Bendedouche highly valued the Vietnamese Embassy's idea in holding the event, adding that the traditional friendship between the countries serves as a foundation for the school and Algerian people to explore Vietnamese culture, including cuisine.
- Paintings of Vietnamese Banh Mi prove to be a viral hit
- Tennis tournament for Vietnamese players to be held in Russia
- 70 years on, German soldier's Vietnamese story searches for closure
- Senegal a potential market for Vietnamese rice
- Business Insider reporter experiences Vietnamese dragon fruit breads
- Vietnamese food: Crab hotpot
- New direction for Brits enables Vietnamese ties
- Vietnamese women encouraged to wear ao dai for week-long cultural event
- Hanoi Party secretary congratulates local medical staff on Vietnamese Doctors’ Day
- Nestlé Vietnam introducing premium quality Vietnamese coffee to the world
- Vietnamese students in South Korea on a knife-edge amid coronavirus epidemic
- Vietnamese PM lauds medical workers’ contributions to COVID-19 fight
- Korean, Vietnamese artists pay tribute to ‘unending inspiration’
- Central region launches new tourism promotions as arrivals fall due to COVID-19
- COVID-19: Lang Son province works to promote trading via rail
- Exhibition to honour 20 leading Vietnamese painters
- Vietnamese ‘ca tru’ art honoured by Google
- Project to promote development of experimental music launched
- Coronavirus changes Vietnamese shopping habits
- COVID-19 early warning system developed by Vietnamese scientists
Vietnamese cuisine promoted in Algeria have 319 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.