Tokyo (VNA) – Vietnamese badminton player Nguyen Thuy Linh obtained her second victory at the ongoing 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games on July 28.
She defeated her Swiss rival Sabrina Jaquet in straight sets of 21-8 and 21-17.
Although the 23-year-old cannot enter the quarter-final, this is an impressive result for the first-time Olympian.
As the world's No.1 player Tai Tzu-ying of Chinese Taipei bagged a victory in an earlier match, the chance for Linh faded as only the top player in each group of the qualification round of women’s singles may advance.
Two players of Vietnam clinched berths to compete at the Tokyo Olympics.
Nguyen Tien Minh made history for being the sole Vietnamese badminton player with four Olympics appearances .
In her first time at the Olympics, Linh secured two wins and only lost to the world No.1 player.
She beat Qi Xuefei of France on July 24/.
- Lee Chong Wei says he wants to play 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Twins come back from big deficit again, but again can't earn the victory vs. Cleveland
- Rams wilt in the heat as Leigh earn comprehensive victory
- Tokyo passes strict anti-smoking laws ahead of 2020 Olympics
- The 1987 NFL Players Strike Created The Modern NFL
- Egypt: International Badminton Open
- Swallows stay hot during interleague play with victory over Buffaloes
- Luka Pavicevic’s system was key to Alvark Tokyo’s title run
- Giants sluggers provide big spark in series-opening victory over Swallows
- Olympic-Colonial wins sixth Carpenter Cup
- Malaysia upset reigning Olympic champions
- Colon matches Marichal with 243rd victory as Rangers top A’s
- Dore pupil Ethan wins two Sheffield badminton titles
- Africa: Egyptian Keeper to Become World Cup's Oldest Player
- 'Incredibles 2' earns the biggest opening weekend ever for an animated movie with $180 million (DIS)
- Karate champ told career over after double leg break lines up 2020 Olympic bid
- Serena Williams victorious in Grand Slam return at French Open
- Full transcript: Investor and lacrosse player Paul Rabil on Too Embarrassed to Ask
- South Africa: Tendai Mtawarira Becomes First Springboks Black Player to Earn 100 Caps
- David Taylor wins two easy bouts, earns spot on U.S. Senior Freestyle World Team at Penn State's Rec Hall
Vietnamese badminton player earns second victory at Tokyo Olympics have 347 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.