Vietnamese Olympic athletes at the Tokyo 2020 Games will receive VND1.85 billion (over US$80,600) in bonuses for each gold medal win.
|Shooter Hoang Xuan Vinh celebrates winning Vietnam’s first-ever Olympic gold medal at Rio 2016 Games.|
The bonus money comprises VND350 million from the State budget, as prescribed in the Prime Minister's Decree 152/2018/ND-CP dated November 7, 2018, along with VND1.5 billion pledged by sponsors.
Notably, the State's bonus has increased nearly two-fold from the VND180 million level that shooter Hoang Xuan Vinh received following his 2016 Olympic glory.
Meanwhile, respective bonuses of VND1 billion and VND640 million will be awarded for each silver and bronze medal won by Vietnamese Olympians in Tokyo.
The bonus money for Vietnamese Olympic medallists is expected to increase significantly with contributions from many other sources such as the sports sector, athlete management units, businesses, organisations, and individuals.
Vietnam will send a 43-strong delegation, including 18 athletes, to Tokyo later this month, with the aim of returning home with medals.
Five years ago, Vietnam ranked 45th in the medal table at the Rio 2016 Olympics in Brazil with one gold and one silver, both won by shooter Hoang Xuan Vinh.
Source: Nhan Dan
- IOC member raises question mark over Tokyo Olympics
- Tick-Tock: The Tokyo Olympics hit the 200-days-to-go mark
- Hopeful of India recording best-ever medal haul in Tokyo Olympics: Bindra
- I am going to show the world how boxing is an art, says Tokyo Olympic-bound boxer Vikas Krishan
- Tokyo Olympics | Hopeful of India recording best-ever medal haul: Abhinav Bindra
- Fresh fears for Tokyo Olympics as host city sees surge in Covid-19 infections
- Vietnamese athletes ready to excel at SEA Games 31
- Comebacks, foes, timing: Star athletes’ obstacles to Tokyo Olympics
- Young female athletes who could make history at the Tokyo Olympics
- Give Olympic Athletes Vaccine Priority or Scrap Tokyo Games, Official Says
- Boxer Vikas Krishan targets gold medal at Tokyo Olympics
- Half-marathon world champion Kandie aims for 10,000m success in Tokyo Olympics
- Tokyo Olympics to go ahead in 'safe and secure' manner despite Covid-19 surge
- Tokyo Olympics: Cheptegei gunning for 5,000m-10,000m double
- Senior IOC member says he's not sure Tokyo Games will happen
- Team GB's Olympic contenders should seek advice from Ennis-Hill, says Coe
- The long walk to a gold medal
- Senior IOC member says he’s not sure Tokyo Games will happen
- Olympic athletes should be prioritised for coronavirus jab - Pound
- How India’s Olympic contenders overcame Covid-19, got back to fitness
Vietnamese athletes to receive VND1.85 billion for Tokyo Olympic gold have 389 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.