Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam Association of Photographic Artists (VAPA) has brought home two honourable mention certificates in the print and digital categories at the International Federation of Photographic Art (FIAP)'s 29th Colour Biennial , the association has announced.
The two certificates were presented to two photo collections themed 'Traditional Crafts' in the print section and 'Vietnam Viewed from Above' in the digital session.
' Traditional Crafts ' comprises 10 photos, while 'Vietnam Viewed from Above' is a collection of 20 photos, both taken by different photographers.
Regarding individual photo awards, Vietnamese photographer Dzung Nguyen won an honourable mention certificate for his photo entitled 'Phoi Chieu Coi' (Drying sedge mat), which is one of the 'Traditional Crafts' collection.
Biennials is one of the most important events offered by FIAP. They are organised every two years in a different member country. Even years for Black and White and Nature Biennials, odd years for the Colour Biennial.
Biennials have a very particular characteristic, different from the international contests. It is not only the quality of the individual work that counts, but FIAP ask for coherent collections, as well of the viewpoint of inspiration and conception as form the viewpoint of execution and presentation.
The 29th FIAP Colour Biennial 2021 was held in France. Each member federation can select their own works or collections for submission, with a title for the collection being mandatory.
The entries were limited to 10 photographs in the colour prints section and 20 works in the digital colour images section.
The UK was named as the winner in the print section for its collection 'Minimalistic Landscapes' while Russia was crowned in the digital section for the collection 'On the nature of female beauty'.
Vietnam's entries to the contest were selected from nearly 760 artworks by 200 photographers by the VAPA./.
- Tien Giang’s beauty crowned Miss Sea Vietnam Global 2018
- Your Chance to Win a Share of 1,800,000 AAdvantage Miles With the Citi “30 Years of Wow” Contest
- Social News In Brief 15/5
- Social News 16/4
- Travel series: a travel guide to Tanzania
- Review of SkyMiles, the loyalty program of Delta Air Lines
- CineAsia Exhibitor of the Year: Mei Lee Koh guides Golden Screen Cinemas to the top
- The Lost Boy of the Ozarks
- When is the BGT 2018 final, who’s in the line-up and what does the winner get?
- Donald Trump's top Russia adviser claims Rudy Giuliani and EU ambassador Gordon Sondland pushed for Ukraine to probe the Bidens - but says he never saw or heard 'anything illegal' including in THAT phone call
- Newton's Biggest Issue, According To City Council Candidates
- SATTE 2017 witnesses an array of tie-ups, exhibitors and innovations in its grand 24th edition
- 15 Crazy Things You Didn't Know About Pulp Fiction
- Andre Russell The Star Again As Kolkata Knight Riders Beat Kings XI Punjab By 28 Runs
- Cruise with a purpose: Focus on your interest by using local guides
Vietnam wins two honourable mention certificates at FIAP contest have 493 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.