Vietnam to negotiate with Russia to buy 40 million Covid-19 vaccine doses
The Saigon Times
|Russia's Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccine – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The Government has approved the Ministry of Health's proposal to permit the T&T Group to negotiate with the Russian Direct Investment Fund for the purchase of 40 million doses of the Sputnik V vaccine.
The group will buy the vaccines through legally mobilized funds and not the State budget or the Covid-19 vaccine fund.
The Ministry of Health will work with the group and competent authorities to control the quality of the vaccines and give them to the people free of charge.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is tasked with conducting related diplomatic procedures, while the Ministry of Transport will be responsible for transporting the vaccines.
Sputnik V is an adenovirus viral vector vaccine developed by the Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology. It was registered on August 11, 2020, by the Russian Ministry of Health.
The Russian vaccine is administered in two shots, three weeks apart, has a six-month shelf life and needs to be stored at -18 degrees Celsius. The vaccine is said to be 91.6% effective against symptomatic Covid-19.
On March 16, Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolai Patrushev arrived in Hanoi with 1,000 doses of the Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccine, which Russia donated to Vietnam on an order from Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Vietnam has so far approved five Covid-19 vaccines for emergency use, comprising Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Sputnik V and Sinopharm.
Up to now, the country has vaccinated over four million people against Covid-19 and more than 280,000 of them have received two doses.
- Here are 40 things we love to do around Indianapolis in the fall
- The United Nations Votes to Start Negotiations to Ban the Bomb
- Rudy Giuliani just obliterated the goal posts on Trump-Russia collusion
- NuVista Announces Acquisition of Premium Pipestone Asset, $419 Million Equity Offering and Growth Plan to Over 110,000 Boe/d
- Will Pensions End Putin? Russia's Retirement Age Debate
- MongoDB will raise $192 million in IPO, making it worth $1.2 billion
- Russia admits toll of sanctions as market turmoil adds pain
- 40 things we learned in Week 10 of the 2017 NFL season
- Vaccine Poker
- Readers sound off on vaccines, Obama and George Washington
- How they became us: Orange County changed forever in the 40 years since the fall of Saigon
- Vaccinations, climate change, Cruz-O'Rourke, President Trump, Sessions
- Five things to know ahead of Nashville public schools' 2018-19 school year
- The Obama Administration’s Suspension of Syria Talks With Russia Is the Most Dangerous Development in a New Cold War
- Vietnam’s Labor Newspaper, Where a Staff of 200 Reports on Abuses at Home and Abroad
- Death toll from typhoon in Vietnam rises to 27
- Check your tickets: Mega Millions jackpot winning numbers are in
- Jersey GOP Senate candidate's company slashed price for cancer drug in Russia while raising it here
- Exclusive: China's CEFC in early talks to buy Rosneft stake - sources
- More than half a million veterans live in Arizona. Here's more about them
Vietnam to negotiate with Russia to buy 40 million Covid-19 vaccine doses have 480 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.