This is the second batch of Moderna vaccine to be delivered to the country this month, bringing the total donation from the US Government to Vietnam to more than five million doses, according to UNICEF Vietnam.
Vietnam receives additional 3,000,060 doses of COVID-19 Moderna vaccine donated through the COVAX Facility by the United States Government. (Photo: UNICEF)
To date, Vietnam has received 7,493,300 doses of COVID-19 vaccines in four shipments through the COVAX Facility, the global risk-sharing mechanism for pooled procurement and equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccines. They include 5,000,100 doses of Moderna vaccine from the US Government and 2,493,200 doses of AstraZeneca. Since the arrival of the first shipment of vaccines from the COVAX Facility in early April, close to 4.5 million COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in Vietnam, among them 353,601 second doses. The additional vaccines will help the Ministry of Health to expand coverage and reach more people from priority groups, contributing to attaining the country's target of vaccinating more than 70 percent of population by the end of the first quarter of 2022. "These vaccines arrive at a critical time for Vietnam as the country experiences its fourth and most devastating wave of COVID-19," said UNICEF Vietnam Acting Representative Lesley Miller. "The doses donated by the US Government through COVAX will boost Vietnam's vaccination campaign to protect health staff, frontline workers, the elderly and other priority groups defined by the Government." The COVAX Facility is co-led by the World Health Organization (WHO), Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness and Innovations (CEPI), GAVI, the Vaccine Alliance, and UNICEF as the key delivery partner. The donated vaccines are provided through the COVAX dose-sharing mechanism, which allows well-supplied countries to share vaccine doses with other countries to help protect the most at-risk populations globally. The vaccines will contribute to the aim of reaching 20 percent coverage in low- and middle-income countries, as part of the Phase 1 vaccine allocation. For several months, COVAX partners, WHO, CEPI, GAVI and delivery partner UNICEF, have been supporting the Government of Vietnam in readiness efforts and the national rollout of COVID-19 vaccines. They have been especially active in developing a National Vaccination Plan, as Vietnam is benefiting from the Advance Market Commitment (AMC), an innovative financial mechanism to help secure global and equitable access for COVID-19 vaccines.
- Measles Rages in Brooklyn as Some Yeshivas Defy Vaccine Rule
- Number of children being vaccinated drops, NHS says
- Limited Flu Vaccines Available At Trumbull Health Department
- First time in 19 years, new HIV subtype identified by full-genome sequencing
- Bill Gates backs Mail on jabs: Microsoft founder joins fight after witnessing horror measles inflicts on young and writes article arguing anti-vaxx scare is harming our children
- Why 7,000 people die needlessly every day
- Travel Fueling California’s Measles Outbreak; UCLA Students Quarantined
- Health officials warn holidaymakers to check if they are up-to-date on their MMR jabs amid outbreaks of measles across Europe
- Measles is STILL spreading in the US: New case reported in Georgia just weeks after the World Health Organization let the country keep its 'elimination' status, despite outbreak of at least 1,250 patients in 2019
- Live for ever: Scientists say they’ll soon extend life ‘well beyond 120’
- 2020 BMW 7 Series Debuts With Massive Grille, New V8 Engine
- Josh Homme joins
- My product launch wishlist for Instagram, Twitter, Uber and more
- The day Morrissey came to tea: an extract from Dave Haslam’s memoir
- Routes: SFO-Saigon? + Hong Kong Airlines, Southwest, Delta, IAG, PLAY, United, New Orleans
- Vikings at Cowboys: Odds, prediction, key matchups for Week 10 'Sunday Night Football'
- The Best VR Games for 2019
- Vikings at Cowboys: Odds, prediction, key matchups, how to watch Week 10 'Sunday Night Football'
- Every Steven Spielberg Movie, Ranked
Vietnam receives extra 3 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses from US via COVAX have 630 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.