Vietnam reported US$2.7 billion in trade deficit in the first seven months of this year while the same period last year enjoyed a trade surplus of US$8.69 billion, the General Statistics Office (GSO) announced on July 29.
|During the seven-month period, Vietnam posted total export revenue of US$185.33 billion, up 25.5% over the same period last year.|
The domestic economic sector suffered a total trade deficit of US$17.8 billion while the foreign direct invested sector saw a total trade surplus of US$15.7 billion.
During the seven-month period, the country posted total export revenue of US$185.33 billion, up 25.5% over the same period last year while import revenue was US$188.03 billion, up 35.3% as against the same period last year.
The US was the largest export market of Vietnam in the first seven months of this year with export revenue of US$53.6 billion, up 37.4% over the same period in 2020. The Chinese market came in second with export revenue of US$28.7 billion, up 24.2%.
It was followed by the EU, ASEAN, the Republic of Korea (ROK), and Japan.
Meanwhile, China was the largest importer during the period with import revenue of US$62.3 billion, an increase of 48.5% over the corresponding period last year.
ROK was the runner-up with import revenue of US$29.7 billion, up 19.9% and ASEAN market came in third with import revenue of US$24.7 billion, up 48.2%.
Source: Nhan Dan
- Indonesia reports trade deficit in November
- Exports up 19.21% in August; trade deficit slips to $17.4 bn
- Jul-Nov FY20: Pakistan’s trade deficit shrinks 33% to $9.7b
- Vietnam’s trade deficit with China hits record high of US$31 billion
- Agricultural export value up 2% in first seven months of 2019
- Vietnam posts record trade surplus of nearly US$11 billion
- Global weekly wrap: Despite US-China trade war, Sensex, Nifty gain 2%; trade deficit drags US markets
- ‘Santa Claus rally’ in full effect as Kospi hits seven-month high
- In seven months after elections, expect double digit returns: Pankaj Pandey, ICICIdirect
- RCEP trade ministers to meet on Aug 30-31 in Singapore
- Exports contract for fourth straight month in November to $25.98 billion
- Asia-Pacific leaders ink world's largest trade deal without India while China is accused of 'conquest'
- After Trump Rebuke, Vietnam Scrambles to Avoid US Trade Dispute
- With Threatened Tariffs, Trump's China Trade War Could Cost American Households $900 Each Year
- China, US agree on text of phase one trade deal to end trade war: Chinese official media
- Moscow Ready to Grab US Markets in China as Chinese-US Trade Spat Intensifies
- AP Analysis: US-UK trade deal won’t be so easy post-Brexit
- Trump Hits China With $50 Billion in Tariffs
- US deals power up trade for balancing out deficit
- Winners and losers in Trump's 'Phase One' China trade deal
Vietnam posts US$2.7 billion in trade deficit in seven months have 422 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.