Weightlifter Hoang Thi Duyen is hoped to clinch a medal for Vietnam in the women's 51 kg category as she was placed third amongst nine competitors in the final.
Duyen will begin competing at 13:50 (Vietnam time).
She earned a gold medal in the 30th Southeast Asian Games ( SEA Games 30).
Weightlifters brought home medals from two of the past three Olympic Games, including a gold by Hoang Anh Tuan in the Beijing 2008 Olympics and a bronze by Tran Le Quoc Toan in the London 2012 Olympics.
In badminton, Nguyen Tien Minh (the world's No. 60) will play against Azerbaijani rival Ade Resky (No. 80).
Earlier, he lost to the world’s No. 3 player Anders Antonsen of Denmark.
At 18:20, 21-year-old swimmer Nguyen Huy Hoang will compete in the 800-m freestyle against 33 rivals. Eight swimmers with the best performance will qualify for the final slated for July 29.
In rowing, Luong Thi Thao and Dinh Thi Hao competed in the women's lightweight doubles sculls – Final C on July 27 morning. However, as they ranked fifth out of the six teams in the repechage, their medal hope faded./.
- Interview: China confident ahead of Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Tokyo 2020 Unveils Olympic Medals Made From Old Electronics
- Tokyo Introduces Support Robots for 2020 Olympics
- Tokyo 2020: Robots to feature at Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Citi Unveils its Roster of 41 Para Athletes One Year Out from Tokyo 2020
- Tokyo Christens Futuristic 2020 Olympic Mascots
- Japan unveils robot assistants for 2020 Olympics
- Xinhua Headlines: China's 2nd place target at Tokyo 2020 challenged by host Japan
- Facial recognition is Tokyo’s secret weapon to beat the heat at the 2020 Olympics
- Vietnamese taekwondo fighter sparks Olympic hopes with two int’l gold medals
- Japanese Government Wants Evacuees To Return To Fukushima In Time To Make Olympics Look Good
- Mirabai Chanu Wins Gold At Commonwealth Senior Weightlifting Championship
- Tokyo wants robotic assistants at the 2020 Summer Olympic Games
- Engineers Rushing to Build Flying Car in Time For the 2020 Tokyo Games
- Japanese Sports Official Worries That Olympic Excitement Will Decrease Because Star Swimmer Was Diagnosed With Leukemia
- Japanese Scientists Are Trying To Keep 'Guerilla Rainstorms' From Ruining The Olympics
- Mirabai Chanu Eyes Olympic Berth At World Weightlifting Championship
- Japan Is Launching Gundams to Space for 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- It's Olympic Qualification Year, So Taking It Step By Step, Says PV Sindhu
- Breakdancing Could Earn You a Gold Medal in the 2024 Olympic Games
Vietnam pins hope on female weightlifter at Tokyo 2020 Olympics have 402 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.