Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Le Thi Thu Hang (Photo: VNA)
She made the statement in response to reporters' queries on June 4 about Vietnam's comments on the speech of the Singaporean Prime Minister at the dialogue and the information posted on his personal website on May 31 saying Vietnam had "invaded" and "occupied" Cambodia.
Vietnam's Ministry of Foreign Affairs had discussed this issue with Singapore's counterpart, she said.
The contribution and sacrifice of Vietnam in the joint efforts with Cambodian people to end the Khmer Rouge genocide regime have been widely recognised, Hang said.
On November 16, 2018, the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (ECCC) issued a verdict on the crime against humanity committed by the Khmer Rouge.
The ruling reflected objectively the historical truth, enforcing justice and making fair restitution to victims, which was welcomed by the international community and the United Nations, she added.
The recent accomplishments of ASEAN are the result of joint efforts of all member nations throughout the history of the association, the Spokesperson said, adding that each member is deeply aware of the importance of strengthening the intra-bloc solidarity based on mutual respect and ASEAN's common principles.
As an active and responsible member of ASEAN, Vietnam has and will continue working with other members to build a strong ASEAN community of unity and solidarity playing the central role in the region, the spokesperson declared.
- Vietnam raises proposals to help ASEM bolster multilateral cooperation
- Vietnamese deputy PM confident about China's future development
- India-USA 2+2 ministerial dialogue to be held on Dec 18: MEA
- Natalie Portman tells LA Women's March she experienced 'sexual terrorism' at 13 after starring in her first film when a fan sent her a 'rape fantasy' and critics 'talked about my budding breasts'
- Government before Christmas? Spain's PM holds talks with Catalan independentists to unlock stalemate
- Decoding the Indo-Pacific and China in Indian Ocean
- Geopolitics is shifting. India must be prepared
- Music industry seeks better enforcement of copyright laws
- Kim, Trump meet for second day of summit talks
- Australia announces 23.4 mln USD fund for ASEAN’s smart cities
- Devils' Advocate: Meet The Lawyer Fighting To Keep Nazis And Trolls On Twitter
- Alex Jones Is Trying To Get Out Of Court By Arguing That What He Says Is Not Real
- Taiwan is battling a wave of online disinformation from China
- North Korea says it test-fired new tactical guided weapon
- Mourning the celebrities who died in 2016 and celebrating the legacy they left behind
- The Top 10 Underrated Marvel Cinematic Universe Moments
- Nikki Finke: Live-Snarking The Oscars – Welcome To Harveywood!
- Zero Dark Thirty premiere sparks anti-torture protest
- Guardian Public Service Awards 2018 – the judges
- Trump, terror and Brexit: Biggest stories of 2016, the year the world was rocked by tragedy
Vietnam comments on Singapore PM’s speech at Shangri-La Dialogue have 499 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 5, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.