|The Vietnam Association for Logistics Manpower Development was established to ensure quality human resources to underpin Vietnam’s industrial development|
The Vietnam Association for Logistics Manpower Development (VALOMA) last week held its first congress. Mai Xuan Thieu, head of the campaign division for the establishment of the association, said that manpower plays an important role in the sustainable development of the local logistics industry. However, the industry is still facing an insufficient supply of skilled and qualified manpower.
Mai Xuan Thieu, who has been elected as chairman of VALOMA in the 2021-2024 term, added that the number of teachers and training infrastructure for the logistics industry remains weak. Meanwhile, training curricula and contents are in high demand but remains unstandardised, making it unable to meet current demands and international trade.
|The first congress of the Vietnam Association for Logistics Manpower Development|
Worse still, cooperation between schools and businesses remains loose in training and labour recruitment.
The establishment of the association is expected to help solve these shortcomings to facilitate industrial development in the future.
Nguyen Thu Thuy, director general of the Higher Education Department of the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET), said that the association will gather modern knowledge, rich experience, and advanced technology for manpower training for the logistics industry to meet its development demands and global integration.
At the event, the VALOMA signed cooperation agreements with other associations, including the Vietnam Logistics Business Association, the Vietnam E-Commerce Association, and others to increase cooperation, collaboration, and support among them for the sustainable development of the association.
By Bich Thuy
- Cavalry mobile police force makes debut
- Open Budget Portal makes debut in Hanoi
- Logistics sails for new horizons with historic EU-Vietnam deal
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 19
- Vietnamese logistics in high need of young talent
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 18
- Vietnam opens seaports to receive new FDI 'wave'
- Information and Communications Ministry proposes solutions to develop VN’s digital businesses
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 14
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 23
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 27
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 25
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 17
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 20
- Vietnam needs to improve post-harvest technologies
- Australian firm to invest $350 mln in Vietnam logistics real estate
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 24
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 15
- Logistics property group LOGOS forms venture to enter Vietnam
- Logistics property group LOGOS forms venture to enter Viet Nam
Vietnam Association for Logistics Manpower Development makes debut have 387 words, post on vir.com.vn at July 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.