So far, Vietnam has had a total of 524 deaths related to Covid-19, accounting for 0.52% of the total number of infections (101,173 positive cases).
The Ministry of Health on July 26 announced an additional 154 Covid-19-related deaths recorded in recent days.
Ten provinces and cities recorded Covid-19 related deaths, including Ho Chi Minh City (129), Dong Thap (9), Long An (7), Can Tho (2), Khanh Hoa (2), Ninh Thuan (1), Bac Ninh (1), Tra Vinh (1), Kien Giang (1) and Dong Nai (1).
Some medical experts said that the Covid-19-related death rate in Vietnam could increase compared to the previous period due to a number of reasons.
Firstly, in the previous waves of epidemics, the outbreaks were mostly in industrial zones in some northern provinces like Hai Duong, Bac Ninh, Bac Giang… The majority of the infected people were young, healthy workers. Some outbreaks in the community were controlled early, when the number of patients was not too high.
In that situation, the health system was not overloaded. Doctors and nurses could still spend a lot of resources on severe cases. Some patients with severe multi-organ failure complications were still saved.
However, in this 4th wave of pandemic, the number of positive cases is very high. Infected people include the elderly, children, people with chronic diseases, acute diseases… The elderly are the group with a very high risk of fatality. When the number of patients is too high, the number of patients in severe conditions also increases, and thus medical resources are not ensured as in the previous period.
By the morning of July 26, there were 130 patients in severe conditions, including 17 critically ill patients who needed ECMO intervention.
- Forbes Vietnam announces top 50 listed firms
- Factbox: U.S. vaping-related deaths rise to 31, Minnesota confirms two more deaths
- Factbox: U.S. vaping-related deaths rise to 33
- Vaping: The deaths, illnesses and controversies as deaths climb past 30
- Deaths From Heat Exhaustion - How to Prevent It
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister’s activities in Vietnam
- South China Sea: Vietnam vows to 'fight' for its territory in severe blow to Xi Jinping
- Vietnam, South Africa enhance economic, trade links
- Export to Vietnam For Profit
- WB, UNICEF call for efforts to address child undernutrition in Vietnam
- Vietnam asks Interpol to issue red notice for fleeing businessman
- Vietnam sees declining smoking rates
- Proof of Life After Death
- Exploring Life After Death
- Closeout and Wrongful Death - And 3 Reasons Why Subtitled Movies Are Tenfold Preferable Over Dubbed
Vietnam announces 154 more Covid-19-related deaths have 411 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.