Veteran writer Son Tung, who penned the famous novel Bup sen xanh (Green Lotus) on President Ho Chi Minh, passed away in Hanoi on late July 22. He was 93.
Writer Son Tung (Photo: VNA)
The author, whose real name is Bui Son Tung, was born in 1928 in Dien Chau, Nghe An, the same province as Ho Chi Minh’s home province.
He joined revolutionary activities at the age of 16 and worked as a reporter for the Tien phong (Vanguard) newspaper from 1962. Five year later, he went to the southern battlefield and established the Thanh nien Giai phong (Liberated Youths) newspaper.
In 1971, he was seriously injured in fighting. Despite poor health, he continued writing about late President Ho Chi Minh and other revolutionists and renowned people of the country. He penned dozens of novels, documentaries and collections of stories.
His most popular work Bup sen xanh, featuring the childhood and youth of President Ho Chi Minh, was published in 1982 and translated into various foreign languages. The author also compiled the screenplay of a movie adapted from the novel.
Son Tung wrote many works about President Ho Chi Minh and is considered to be the writer with the most successful works about the President.
The writer was honoured with the title of "Hero of Labour in the "Doi Moi" (Renewal) Period" in 2011./.
- Legendary Music Composer Khayyam Passes Away At 92: His Early Life And Career
- JournalistS. Viswanathan passes away
- Jade Goody's poignant final words to her sons and peaceful moment she passed away
- Christine Keeler has passed away aged 75
- Eminent poet, novelist Nabaneeta Dev Sen passes away
- Bengali writer and Padma Shri awardee Nabaneeta Dev Sen passes away at 81
- Hrithik Roshan's grandfather J Om Prakash passes away
- Noted jurist and former Union law minister Ram Jethmalani passes away
- Former US President George H W Bush passes away at 94
- Mystery of man, 29, found dead - before his brother, 36, passed away hours later
- Author of 'The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman', Ernest Gaines, passes away at 86
- Arun Jaitley, BJP's man for all seasons, passes away
- actress Vidya Sinha passes away
- Bernie Sanders’ Daughter-In-Law Passed Away Just Two Days After Being Diagnosed With Cancer
- Karl Lagerfeld dies aged 85 from pancreatic cancer: Victoria Beckham leads tributes to fashion legend who saved Chanel, spent thirty years as its artistic director and was notorious for his acid tongue, after he passed away
- Heartbreaking pic of OAP war veteran, 98, fighting for life in hospital after sick burglars broke into his home and battered him on Bonfire night
- The legendary actor Balraj Sahni as remembered by his son
- Jade Goody's ex Jeff Brazier shares throwback snap of the late star with sons Freddie and Bobby as he marks her 38th birthday with moving tribute
- Jeff Brazier admits his sons were 'all over the place' when Jade Goody told them she was dying as he shoots emotional life insurance advert
- Jade Goody and Jeff Brazier's son Bobby Brazier, 16, discusses his exam stress ahead of his GCSEs
Veteran writer Son Tung passes away at 93 have 484 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.