|US Vice President Kamala Harris will visit Vietnam and Singapore in August to reinforce global partnerships|
Harris will engage the leaders of both Vietnam and Singapore on issues of mutual interest, including regional security, the global response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and climate change, Harris’ communications director Symone Sanders said in a statement.
“President Biden and Vice President Harris have made it a top priority to rebuild our global partnerships and keep our nation secure, and this upcoming visit continues that work – deepening our engagement in Southeast Asia,” Sanders said.
The United States has donated five million COVID-19 vaccine doses to Vietnam in a bid to help the nation of nearly 100 million people fight the pandemic. Singapore has innoculated 75 per cent of its population with at least one dose.
Vice President Harris will likely focus a good portion of her trip on the importance of US partnerships in the region as the Biden administration puts a focus on its relationships in Asia. President Biden has repeatedly spoken about the need to counter Chinese influence in the region and promote democracy in the Indo-Pacific region. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin is on an Asia swing of his own this week, meeting with leaders in Vietnam and the Philippines, according to newswire The Hill.
By Thanh Van
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry pay tribute to Nelson Mandela at London exhibition to South African icon
- American detained in Vietnam to face first trial
- The Queen’s encounters with American presidents during her reign
- Meghan and Harry praised by Nelson Mandela's granddaughter in historic meeting
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex visit Nelson Mandela centenary celebration
- Why FBI raid of Trump lawyer's office should leave president very worried, according to Fox News legal expert
- James Comey compares Trump to mob boss during interview set 'to shock the president'
- After reading James Comey's autobiography, I wonder whether this might be the final blow to a presidency in crisis
- Why did Donald Trump ‘cancel’ the North Korea summit with Kim Jong-un and will the Singapore meeting go ahead on June 12?
- Why did Donald Trump ‘cancel’ the North Korea summit with Kim Jong-un and will the meeting in Singapore go ahead on June 12?
- When will Kim Jong-un meet with Donald Trump, where in Singapore is their summit taking place and how long will the talks last?
- US and North Korean officials hold last-minute talks in Singapore ahead of Trump-Kim summit
- Myanmar elects Aung San Suu Kyi aide Win Myint as president
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to visit China, Xinhua reports
- In Singapore, Mattis blasts China over weaponization of South China Sea
- 'Ring of steel' will protect Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding
- Live updates as Harry and Meghan visit exhibition on life of Nelson Mandela
- Why US presidents love the home of golf
- Budleigh LIons Club has a new president
- US general in key Turkey visit to highlight strong military ties
US Vice President Kamala Harris to visit Vietnam and Singapore in August have 468 words, post on vir.com.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.