The ceremony to receive the lot of 1,500,100 doses of vaccine was attended by Deputy Health Minister Tran Van Thuan and Deputy Foreign Minister To Anh Dung, along with UN Resident Coordinator in Vietnam Kamal Malhotra, UNICEF Acting Representative in Vietnam Lesley Miller, and Chargé d’Affaires, a.i. of the US Embassy in Hanoi Christopher Klein.
Addressing the ceremony, the two deputy ministers appreciated the timely and significant support of the US through the COVAX Facility for Vietnam, especially amid complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country and the serious shortage of COVID-19 vaccine around the world.
They called on countries and international organisations to continue sharing vaccine, medical supplies and medicine in order to early put the pandemic under control and bring life back to normal.
The UN Resident Coordinator, the UNICEF Acting Representative and the Chargé d’Affaires, a.i. of the US Embassy in Hanoi pledged to continue supporting Vietnam, the region and the world as a whole to access vaccine and repel the COVID-19 pandemic.
The batch is part of the 80 million doses of COVID-19 that US President Joe Biden has committed to sharing with the world.
So far the US has supplied Vietnam with more than five million doses of COVID-19 Moderna vaccine, which are part of the 23 million doses it committed to 20 countries/territories in Asia.
Vietnam has received more than 11 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine from countries and partners, including the COVAX Facility./.
- Saigon Market- Top 10 Markets in South Vietnam
- Tips for traveling Vietnam during Tet
- 10 days in Vietnam – Sensing the Timeless Charm
- Vietnam to replace pentavalent vaccine this year
- Three new vaccines to be used in national vaccination programme
- Vietnam performs transnational organ transplant miracles
- Vietnam-Laos court cooperation increasingly substantive: chief justices
- Book Bus to stop on Saigon’s Book Street in celebration of Vietnam Book Day
- Best Vietnam & Cambodia itinerary 9 days
- Texas church questioned over donations after shooting
- Upcoming everyday super-apps will revolutionise the way business is done in Vietnam
- Review: The Reverie Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
- Review: Anantara Hoi An Resort (Vietnam)
- Review: Banyan Tree Lang Co Resort (Vietnam)
- The rise and fall of Vietnam's drug lord
- ADB offers solutions for green finance in Vietnam
- Vietnam should rethink locations of proposed special economic zones
- Party ties important to Vietnam, China
- Vietnam looks to an economy with globally extensive connectivity: PM
- Vietnam chairs final plenary sessions of disarmament conference
US-donated vaccines delivered to Vietnam have 433 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.