A Facebook post by the Embassy on Friday said the CSB 8021, formerly known as the USCGC John Midgett, along with its crew, have safely arrived in a Vietnam port, though the post did not specify when exactly.
“The U.S. government donated this ship to exemplify the strong maritime security cooperation between the two countries and to help ensure a rules-based order in the East Sea,” the post read.
The CSB 8021 is a high endurance cutter weighing over 3,000 tons and spans around 115 meters. It is equipped with numerous weapons and sensors, though most of the radar and weapon systems on it have been removed prior to the transfer to Vietnam, save for a 76 millimeter naval gun.
It is the second high endurance cutter sent to Vietnam by the U.S. after the USCGC Morgenthau in 2017. The ship departed for Vietnam on June 1.
- Eight-year-old boy killed as Coast Guard vessel, pleasure boat collide in San Diego Bay
- SEE IT: Coast Guard makes dramatic rescue of four men on sinking fishing boat in frigid Alaska waters
- Coast Guard honors civilians who aided in rescue of Flight 1549
- Hundreds of migrants saved, at least 10 found dead off Libya's coast: Italian Coast Guard
- Coast Guard rescues replica pirate ship Liana’s Ransom crew after power failure off Massachusetts coast (VIDEO)
- Coast Guard rescues 6 in boat off Montauk
- Coast Guard won't apologize for Potomac drill that scared D.C. agencies on Sept. 11 anniversary
- Coast Guard plane, Navy helicopter collide off San Clemente Island in Southern California; 9 missing
- Coast Guard investigates minor NY harbor collision
- Calif. searchers seek survivors: 9 feared dead Coast Guard aircraft, Marine copter crash
- Close call as Coast Guard fishes anglers out of sea
- To stop pirates, new Somalia government wants help forming coast guard
- Coast Guard suspends New Jersey search for 2 Virginia fishermen
- No visible oil sheen in water after explosion in Gulf, says Coast Guard: 'no evidence of leaks'
- Lake Michigan shipwrecks revealed in amazing Coast Guard photos
- Coast Guard comes to rescue of whale underneath the Verrazano Bridge
- Coast Guard continues search for 11 missing workers following massive oil rig explosion
- Penny wise, security foolish: Pulling elite Coast Guard unit out puts city at risk
- Private vessel rushes to rescue as India-flagged cargo ship APJ Suryavir adrift in North Pacific
- Cruise ship horror as 10-year-old girl drowns in pool off Carolina coast
US-donated coast guard vessel arrives in Vietnam have 373 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.