HÀ NỘI — The foreign ministry of Việt Nam said the UK and Czech governments will donate 660,000 doses of Oxford/AstraZeneca to Việt Nam.
On Thursday, UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said the UK will donate 415,000 doses to Việt Nam, as the country begins to ship their surplus supply to countries across the world.
This is the first tranche of the 100 million vaccines that Prime Minister Boris Johnson pledged the UK would share with the world within the next year at last month's G7 Summit in Cornwall, saying the donation was "to get those most in need in the world vaccinated as a matter of urgency."
A total of 30 million doses are to be sent by the UK to countries around the world by the end of the year.
"We're doing this to help the most vulnerable, but also because we know we won't be safe until everyone is safe," Raab said.
British Ambassador in Việt Nam, Gareth Ward added: “The UK is committed to supporting Việt Nam to accelerate its national programme vaccination, as well as make the vaccines accessible to the people most vulnerable to the virus.
"These vaccines will soon be handed over to the Vietnamese health authority and distributed to those most in need across Việt Nam. The UK will continue to share our experience in vaccine rollout and genomic testing, to ensure Việt Nam's programme is successful."
The doses to be delivered to Việt Nam in this bilateral agreement have been made by Oxford Biomedica in Oxford and packaged in Wrexham, North Wales, and further doses will reach Việt Nam via UN-managed global vaccine sharing scheme COVAX.
The foreign ministry also said that the Czech Government has announced a donation of 250,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine to Việt Nam.
A spokesperson for the Ministry said: “This is very timely and valuable support from other countries for the Government and people of Việt Nam as Việt Nam is concentrating resources on COVID-19 prevention and control.”
“The support demonstrates the depth of the traditional friendship and comprehensive cooperation between Việt Nam and the Czech Republic and the strategic partnership between Việt Nam and the United Kingdom.” — VNS
- Vietnam receives over 1.1 million more AstraZeneca Vaccine doses
- US plans to export 60 million AstraZeneca vaccine doses
- U.S. To Share Up To 60 Million AstraZeneca Vaccine Doses With Other Nations
- Over 1 million AstraZeneca vaccine doses shipped to Vietnam today
- France donates 670,000 vaccine doses to Vietnam
- Vietnam receives more AstraZeneca vaccine and Remdesivir
- France, Hungary donate 770,000 Covid vaccine doses to Vietnam
- G-7's pledge to donate 1 billion Covid-19 vaccine doses is just a drop in the ocean, activists say
- Czech government willing to transfer 500,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses to Vietnam
- Covid: UK experts back AstraZeneca jab amid Germany ruling
- Covid vaccines: Boris Johnson pledges surplus to poorer countries at G7
- Macron crisis: French citizens refusing AstraZeneca vaccine after 'wave of panic'
- Sweden plans to donate 1 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccines to India
- UK buys extra 32 million doses of Pfizer’s Covid vaccine - but at ramped up prices
- Vietnam about to get 1 million more AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine doses
- Over 500,000 vaccine doses donated by Poland arrive in Vietnam
- Health Ministry receives 1.2 million more doses of AstraZeneca vaccine
- Covid: UK orders 60m extra Pfizer doses for booster jabs
- Portugal scraps quarantine rules for Brits who've had Indian AstraZeneca vaccine
- France offers 670,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses to Vietnam
UK donates 415,000 AstraZeneca vaccine doses, Czech pledges 250,000 have 595 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.