Nguyen Quan Anh Minh and Nguyen Tuan Khoi of the local messaging app Zalo have won the Show US the Data competition, organized by Coleridge Initiative on Kaggle, the world’s most prestigious artificial intelligence competition platform.
Achievements of the Zalo team on Kaggle’s Leaderboard. Photo: Kaggle
In addition to winning a prize of $30,000, their solutions will be applied in data analysis in the United States.
Show US the Data is a contest launched on a global scale with a total prize value of $90,000. The contest aims to find solutions in data analysis and processing to address global issues such as pandemics, climate change, food security, biodiversity, poverty, and child malnutrition.
The champion will receive a prize of $30,000. This is a highly competitive playground, requiring participating AI experts and computer scientists from all over the world to find an outstanding and unprecedented AI solution that helps document and data recognition efficiently and quickly.
After nearly three months of competition, the two Vietnamese engineers overcame 1,600 teams from many countries with advanced levels of technology to clinch the top position.
While competitors focused on detecting main keywords, were dependent on provided data and might miss out on value, Vietnamese engineers chose a Deep Learning-based approach to offer AI solutions that can detect data based on provided elements and contextual information related to key data. The detected data is almost unmissable and depends on the source (name, code) of the data initially provided.
|Nguyen Quan Anh Minh, AI engineer, born 1997|
Nguyen Tuan Khoi, data engineer, born 1994.
Zalo is a leading company in Vietnam in AI research and application, focusing on four areas: computer vision, speech processing, natural language processing, and big data & machine learning.
Zalo’s AI research achievements are being applied on many existing products of its ecosystem to bring the best experience to Vietnamese people. Zalo also provides tools to help detect China's illegal cow’s tongue line, convert text to speech, classify images, and censor content for free to the community. Its Kiki voice assistant product, based on speech synthesis and natural language processing technology, is popular in voice-controlled cars and on Zing MP3 music players, and will soon appear on the smart home system.
In the academic field, Zalo is also positively evaluated. Zalo AI Summit is the biggest forum about artificial intelligence for professionals. Meanwhile, Zalo AI Challenge is a contest that encourages young people to participate and research AI with advice and guidance from AI experts.
Launched in 2010, Kaggle has become the world’s largest AI competition platform, especially in the fields of Data Sciences and Machine Learning.
- Insider announces $32 million Series C funding to invest in AI
- Sun World Fansipan Legend wins award for Vietnam’s top tourist attraction
- British second world war shipwrecks in Java Sea destroyed by illegal scavenging
- World Matchplay: Michael van Gerwen beaten by Simon Whitlock in second-round upset
- Hack it, crack it: Vietnamese youth climb the hackathon bandwagon
- University of Florida, NVIDIA to Build Fastest AI Supercomputer in Academia
- Three Vietnamese research works accepted at International Conference on Machine Learning
- "Passion - The Mother of Invention", says Vietnamese scientist
- The new New Relic: Past BI and the dashboard, toward AI and AIOps
- Vietnamese man captains Japan's chess team at FIDE Online Olympiad 2020
- These 14 AI Startups Are Vying for a Piece of $1.5 Million in Prizes
- ‘Platform economy’: Indian telecom operators opportunity to monetize the cloud business
- How AI, AR are redefining beauty retail
- Leading Chinese artist Ai Weiwei claims police attacked him
- Around the world in 60 days! Brands ticket to World Cup this year
- New shame of the charities: Widower's details were passed on 200 times leading him to lose £35,000 and get 731 demands for cash
- Rancho Milpitas Middle School Alumna's Artwork Wins County's 2020 Young Artists Showcase
- World Matchplay: Peter Wright beaten by Glen Durrant in second round
- Vietnamese Muay Thai champ to auction medal, gloves for charity
- Thugs try to run over phone engineers and 'threaten death' as 5G conspiracies soar
Two Vietnamese engineers win first place at the world's leading AI competition platform have 648 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.