The top legislator of Vietnam noted with satisfaction that the two countries' friendship has been developing strongly, especially since they set up the strategic partnership in 2013.
She affirmed that Vietnam always attaches importance to its relations with France in its foreign policy, and it hopes the two sides will continue enhancing bilateral cooperation. The extensive relationship, which dates back hundreds of years with the two peoples' cohesion, illustrates the strong commitment of the countries' leaders and peoples to developing their relations sustainably.
Archambault also expressed his delight at the thriving relations in multiple spheres, including frequent mutual visits by the two sides' leaders.
He noted that the France-Vietnam Friendship Association was set up in 1961, when Vietnam began the resistance war against the US, so as to show the friendship and solidarity with the Southeast Asian country. Since then, it has maintained connection with organisations in Vietnam, the Vietnamese Embassy in France, and the French Embassy in Vietnam.
The association's activities currently focus on popularizing information about Vietnam to the public in France, strengthen the solidarity with the Vietnamese people, and contribute to the two countries' relations. Notably, it has published an exclusive magazine on Vietnam, the Secretary-General added.
Chairwoman Ngan highly valued activities of the France-Vietnam and Vietnam-France friendship associations, noting that people-to-people exchanges are an important channel helping to promote the friendship and cooperation between the two States and peoples.
She underlined that cooperation between Vietnamese and French localities has become an important part in bilateral ties, helping with the countries' traditional friendship and multifaceted collaboration. She asked both sides to coordinate closely to successfully organize the 11th decentralized cooperation conference in France's Toulouse city this time and the 12th event in Vietnam's Hanoi capital next year.
The legislator also asked the France-Vietnam Friendship Association to continue having a voice in the support for Vietnamese people's organisations in France and advocate the preservation of the Vietnamese culture and language in the Vietnamese community in the country.
The chairwoman reiterated that the Vietnamese State, National Assembly and people wishes to solidify relations with their French counterparts for the sake of each country and for regional and global peace, stability, cooperation and development.
- Vietnam-UK relations developing at the best stage: diplomat
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 13
- Vietnam prioritises fostering relations with France: diplomat
- Vietnam, Australia eye closer ties in economy, trade, investment
- Westerners in Vietnam caught up in developing countries' vaccine frustrations
- Vietnam, Venezuela look to beef up economic cooperation
- Philippines - important, trustworthy partner of Vietnam: Prime Minister
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 18
- Coronavirus in France: Is it safe to travel to France? Deadly virus hits Europe
- Why is France's new national security bill controversial?
- France slammed for deporting Chechen refugee to Russia despite risk of torture
- Vietnam attends Special ASEAN-Russia Foreign Ministers' Meeting
- Five years after Nice's deadly attack, is France's terror threat any weaker?
- France aims to attract 20,000 Indian students by 2025
- Congratulations to Mongolian People’s Party chief
- Emmanuel Macron humiliated as he bragged France had 'best players' before Euros exit
- France's Macron: We need Russia's help fighting ISIS, Assad can stay
- Coronavirus symptoms: Was COVID-19 in UK in December? France first case was MONTHS earlier
- Travel: France enforces negative test results for UK arrivals after amber list rule change
- France in horror Covid warning: 'Fourth wave is HERE!'
Top legislator hails people-to-people ties in Vietnam-France relations have 552 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.