Vietnam has confirmed an average of 7,000 Covid-19 infections daily over the past week.
People in Vietnam's lockdown areas are required to remain in their living quarters to slow the spread of the virus.
The requirement will take effect from August 1 until the end of the restrictions following a request made by Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh on Saturday [July 31].
|Authorities help bring workers home from Ho Chi Minh City. Photo: PLO|
All 19 southern cities and provinces will extend another two-week lockdown after the end of the first social distancing period on August 2.
The request is aimed to curb the spread of the virus that left the country with more than 145,000 infections, including 1,306 deaths.
So far, one-third of the country is placed under partial lockdown, including Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. More than 10 localities in the south are imposing a curfew from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM daily.
Local authorities are asked to provide healthcare, good treatment for confirmed cases, and welfare for the poor and jobless people.
The dose will enable the city to inoculate 99% of adults aged above 18.
|Police in Hanoi’s downtown check reasons for going out during the lockdown. Photo: Khanh Huy/ Phap Luat Xa Hoi|
Hanoi, meanwhile, keeps the restrictions closely followed. Police continue fining violators who wear no mask in the public and go out unnecessarily.
So far, 26.7% of Covid-19 patients have recovered while more than 5.98 million vaccine doses have been administered, with nearly 589,000 fully inoculated.
|Vietnam’s Covid-19 cases. Source: MoH. Chart: Minh Vu|
- Bobby Petrino's neglect of Louisville-area recruiting remains baffling
- AP News in Brief 07-08-18
- Thunderstorms could hit Surrey TODAY as weather warning issued
- Sewalls Falls Recreation Area has a complicated history with electricity
- Liberia: Capacity Building Remains Liberia's Greatest Challenge
- AP News in Brief 07-09-18
- People threw barstools through window to escape Thousand Oaks, California, bar during shooting
- 4 rescued from Thai cave; 9 remain inside
- Mega Adoption Event's lone remaining dog gets home at last
- Liverpool news and transfers RECAP
- The 10 people who have been in court in Hull this week
- Carnival clean-up delayed after people leave deluge of litter
- City revises Ala Moana Beach Park plans, requests public comment
- IMD predicts thundershowers in parts of UP today
- UP rain toll is 111 over 5 days; IMD predicts thundershowers today
- Greene County Jail ends in-person visits. Here’s why some people are concerned.
- Is a hosepipe ban in my area? All the rules you need to follow
- Cops failed to seal off area where Novichok pair were poisoned as Russia chief blames attack on rogue lab worker
- Facebook Expands Availability of a Tool That Exposes Users to More Local News
- 21 underrated places as good as any of Wales' most popular spots
Today's Covid News: People in lockdown areas requested to remain in place have 436 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.