Vietnam accounted for three out of the top five projects honored at the Social Business Creation 2021 competition, its organizers announced on Monday.
Along with Vietnam, Mexico and Argentina each had one project highlighted at the competition, which was organized by HEC Montréal, a public Canadian business school, and Professor Muhammad Yunus, the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize winner.
These five projects have been awarded the ‘Impactful Social Innovative Concepts’ prize.
Among Vietnam's three winners, ‘Nanoneem’ is a research project on herbal-based biopesticides for green agriculture, aimed at serving forest preservation and supporting communities in remote areas.
The project, which got the highest mark in the competition's seminal round, at 91 out of the 100 marks, is developed by Dr. Duong Nguyen Hong Nhung, a lecturer at the biotechnology faculty of International University in Ho Chi Minh City, her students, and some other students from the Foreign Trade University in the same city.
Another winning project is Brain Analytics, which focuses on using artificial intelligence (AI) software in the diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease through magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) results.
The project was implemented by a group of students from the biomedical engineering faculty of International University, whose representative is Pham Thi Nhu Trang, under the instruction of Dr. Ha Thi Thanh Huong, head of the faculty’s regenerative medicine department.
This project received a score of 79.5 at the contest.
The remaining project that scored 86 marks is entitled ‘Cereal Straws’ of VinaStraws, a manufacturer of biodegradable drinking straws, whose representative is Do Thi Huong Thao, along with 10 students from universities in Hanoi.
This project targets the making of eco-friendly products from common materials in Vietnam.
Social Business Creation 2021 is a global competition and an innovative training platform through which participants learn about how to use market mechanisms to solve social challenges.
In addition, the contest provides students and young people with learning and experience opportunities in an international environment so that they can develop their business ideas that create great social significance.
- Applying for a Business Grant? Here's How
- 2009 Encore Opportunity Award Winners…Retirement, Redefined
- Maryland announces $16 million in demolition grants for community projects
- Crowdsourcing Business Ideas: How to Do It
- 15 Great Examples of Socially Responsible Businesses
- Sports Vietnamese hail PM’s decision to relinquish 2019 Asiad Meet Le Viet Quoc, a Vietnamese talent at Google
- Zoho Projects: Best Project Management Software for Teams with Remote Workers
- Social Media Set to Surpass Search Engines as No. 1 Marketing Tool
- Sports Vietnamese hail PM’s decision to relinquish 2019 Asiad Vietnam hospital performs successful robot-assisted brain surgery
- Sports Vietnamese hail PM’s decision to relinquish 2019 Asiad Another group filmed picnicking on expressway in northern Vietnam
- Sports Vietnamese hail PM’s decision to relinquish 2019 Asiad Vietnam Q1 GDP growth slows; smartphone slowdown weighs on exports
- Tumblr for Business: Everything You Need to Know
- Pinterest for Business: Everything You Need to Know
- How the Kings, Bucks, OutKast and more are uniting in fight against social injustice
- 32 Internet Marketing Services for Small Businesses
- The Best Online Business Plans
- How Crowdsourcing Can Help Small Businesses Design on a Dime
- 11 Business Ideas for Artists
- In business the first story is often wrong
- Getting Social About Your Business (Op-Ed)
Three Vietnamese projects earn awards at 'Social Business Creation 2021' contest have 531 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.