This delivery follows on the July 10 donation of two million Moderna mRNA vaccine doses that the U.S. donated to Vietnam through the COVAX Facility. U.S. Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City Marie Damour said, "We are proud to be able to assist Vietnam with more U.S. vaccines…"
The U.S. and Vietnam continue to build on the longstanding cooperation with over USD 1 billion U.S. investment in Vietnam's health infrastructure to strengthen Vietnam's capacity to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to the donations of five million COVID-19 vaccine doses, the United States has committed USD 19.8 million in COVID-19 related assistance to Vietnam since the start of the pandemic.
In addition to the five million Moderna vaccine doses the United States donated through the COVAX Facility, Vietnam has received 2,493,600 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine also via the COVAX Facility. The COVAX Facility is co-led by the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness and Innovations (CEPI), GAVI – the Vaccine Alliance, World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF as key delivery partners.
- Large increase in demand for flu vaccine leads to rationing in Victoria, New South Wales
- Human trials of coronavirus vaccines could start next MONTH in the UK and US in global race to stop the killer disease which has infected 94,000 people worldwide
- The True Dollar Cost of the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- How profit makes the fight for a coronavirus vaccine harder
- Israeli scientists say they are just WEEKS away from developing a vaccine which will beat coronavirus
- Donald Trump publicly spars with nation's top coronavirus expert Dr Tony Fauci as he demands vaccine in a 'couple of months' - and epidemic chief tells him: 'Like I told you, a year.'
- Coronavirus: 1.7 million flu jabs ordered for New Zealand amidst fears flu season and Covid-19 could clash
- Chinese scientists claim they have developed an oral vaccine to beat coronavirus using baker's yeast
- Trade impact on India due to coronavirus would be 348 million dollars
- DARPA Is Developing Human Bio-Factories to Brew Lifesaving Vaccines
- India among 15 most affected economies due to coronavirus with trade impact of $348 million: UN
- Trade impact of Coronavirus epidemic for India estimated at 348 million dollars: UN report
- Brazil: coronavirus worry emerges with new suspected cases
- Trump to detail US coronavirus efforts, Schumer seeks $8.5B
- Trump says US ‘very ready’ for virus, Pence to lead response
- Pharma initiatives to cure the needy
- Measles forecast to rise in Hà Nội
- ‘Time is everything’: World braces for spread of new virus
- 'Time is everything': World braces for spread of new virus
- Texas investigates a THIRD potential US coronavirus case as second suspected victim is hospitalized in LA and doctors monitor SIXTEEN people who came into contact with Patient Zero in Washington State
Three millions doses of U.S.-donated Moderna vaccine arrive in Vietnam have 442 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.