HCM CITY – Hóc Môn District in the outskirts of HCM City, plans to establish six isolation areas to accommodate symptomatic COVID-19 patients for treatment.
On July 26, the district recorded a total of 3,320 positive cases in the fourth wave of the pandemic. Since then the number of infections in the areas has continued to increase by more than 100 cases every day.
Director of Hóc Môn District Health Centre Nguyễn Văn Trường said that previous positive cases were taken to hospitals in the inner city for treatment. Hóc Môn District General Hospital, however, over a week ago, was upgraded so that it could receive 493 symptomatic COVID-19 patients.
The hospital director, Đặng Quốc Quân said that in the future, the hospital will be able to accommodate up to 700 patients. Additional advanced medical equipment will be acquired to help treat COVID patients.
"Currently, 15 beds for mechanically ventilated patients in the intensive care unit of the hospital are full," he said.
"We are doing everything to promptly handle severe cases to minimise mortality," he went on.
The district currently has an isolation area that is treating 332 COVID cases, but there are only three doctors and three nurses. The local health department has asked the HCM City Department of Health to send more doctors to assist.
Lê Thụy Mỹ Châu, Vice Chairwoman of Hóc Môn District People’s Committee, said that there were few motels and hotels in the local area, so schools were being used as temporary isolation areas.
Medical staff were on duty at isolation areas to classify patients. Those with underlying diseases and clear symptoms were transferred to city hospitals immediately.
The district also organised quick tests for random cases at quarantine checkpoints in 12 communes and towns.
Almost every day, up to 20 COVID cases are detected through random testing.
Transporting patients to high-ranking hospitals in the city had been difficult due to the increasing number of infections.
When receiving news that a patient is seriously ill, the district’s medical staff immediately contact the emergency portal 115 HCM City to call a car, and actively enter all the patient’s data, for quick transfer to the city hospital, a local doctor said. – VNS
- Coronavirus live updates: Oakland isolates homeless, health-compromised people in trailers
- Committee formed to attract investment, talents to Saigon’s innovative urban area
- Coronavirus live updates: 2.1% of people infected in SF Mission District study; over half had no symptoms
- Coronavirus live updates: 53% of people who tested positive in Mission District had no symptoms
- Coronavirus live updates: Mission District testing finds over half of infected are symptom free
- Coronavirus live updates: 2.1% of residents, workers infected in area within SF’s Mission District, study finds
- Hundreds in Mission District volunteer for coronavirus testing in key UCSF study
- Cars, trains and uncertainty: How coronavirus will change Bay Area transit
- Coronavirus updates: Bay Area counties report more cases
- Digital filing in district courts to be a reality soon
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area ICU cases tick back upward
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area ICU cases tick upward
- Mekong coastal district expands clam farming area
- Lockdown | Allow districts with high economic activity to resume all industrial, business operations: CII
- HCMC sets up steering board on eastern innovation district development
- Quarantine Centres' Constraints in Mind, Bengal to Allow Home Isolation of Contacts of Virus-hit Patients
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area shelter-in-place to stay through May
- COVID-19: Home Isolation Guidelines For Coronavirus Patients
- 2 militants killed in encounter with security forces in J&K’s Pulwama district
- Hindus arranging roza-iftar for Muslims kept in isolation at Hanumangarh dist hospital
Six isolation areas to be established in Hóc Môn District have 661 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.