Singapore (VNA) – The Government of Singapore will provide a support package worth 1.1 billion SGD, or over 808 million USD, to help businesses and workers impacted by the country's " Heightened Alert " restrictions put in place from July 22 – August 18.
The package includes wage subsidies under an enhanced Jobs Support Scheme (JSS) for affected sectors, rental relief for commercial properties, as well as a new relief fund for market and hawker centre stallholders, according to the Singapore an Ministry of Finance.
JSS support will be raised to 60 percent for sectors where the tightened measures require them to suspend many, if not all, of their activities. These include food & beverage (F&B) businesses, gyms, fitness studios, performing arts organisations and arts education centres.
Singapore will increase JSS support to 40 percent for sectors that are significantly affected by the restrictions, such as the retail sector, personal care services, tourist attractions, MICE organisers, travel agents, and cinema operators. JSS support for these sectors will taper to 10 percent from August 19 – 31.
The government will provide an additional 4-week rental waiver for qualifying tenants on Government-owned commercial properties, and an additional 2-week rental relief cash payout for qualifying tenants of privately-owned commercial properties under the Rental Support Scheme (RSS).
The government will enhance the COVID-19 Driver Relief Fund while all stallholders of cooked food and market stalls in centres managed by National Environment Agency will receive a one-off cash assistance of 500 SGD per stallholder.
As part of the support package, the COVID-19 Recovery Grant – Temporary will be made available until Aug 31. The grant provides a payout of up to 700 SGD for workers placed on involuntary no-pay leave and up to 500 SGD for workers who have lost a minimum of 50 percent of their incomes for at least one month./.
- Over 795,000 COVID-19 hit workers eligible for assistance
- US announces USD 25 million aid to support India's COVID-19 vaccination process
- HCMC supports Covid-19 hit people with $95.5 mln in cash, one million gift bags
- China Exports Spike to Highest in Decades After Covid-19 Hit
- Southern COVID-19 hit localities urged to take stronger actions to reduce COVID-19 fatalities
- PH spending vs COVID-19 hits $30.72B
- Hanoi offers over $33 million worth of financial aid to pandemic-hit people
- Masan Group donates 16-billion-VND COVID-19 aid for over 300 localities in HCM City
- Vietnam, WB sign $2.75-mln project for Covid-19 fight
- askST: Can I get Covid-19 from frozen food and food facilities?
- Education support needed as COVID hits parents’ incomes: experts
- S'pore economy to open up 'step by step' after Covid-19 circuit breaker, some sectors to restart earlier than others: PM Lee
- No need to ban imports from companies whose frozen food products have been contaminated by Covid-19: Experts
- Vietnam holds upbeat growth potential despite COVID-19: VEIL
- Lower-income folk worst hit by S’pore’s Covid-19 circuit breaker: Study
- Plans to relax restrictions on migrant workers' movements on hold amid recent dorm Covid-19 cluster
- New MOM unit to take over Covid-19 deployment from regional health clusters, provide support to migrant workers
- Covid-19: Business at Singapore's Bugis Junction drops by 90% as cases from cluster increase to 246
- Plan to let migrant workers into community still on hold after new Covid-19 clusters in dorms over past month
- HCM City offers tax breaks to household businesses hit by COVID-19
Singapore offers 808 mln-USD support package to aid COVID-19-hit businesses, workers have 554 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.