The ceremony was held under the chair of the corps' commander, Major General Nguyen Hong Phong.
This is the second time the artillery team of the Vietnam People's Army has been sent to the games for competitions. For five months of training, the artillery troops have completed 176 live-fire tests, practiced other competitive contents in line with the games' regulations, and strictly applied COVID-19 prevention and control measures.
In the "Master of Artillery Fire" contest, the team's squads are required to cross obstacles while using weapons, including 7.62 mm PKT machine guns, 120 mm mortars, RPG-7V anti-tank rocket launchers, and 5.45 mm AK-74 assault rifles on a 2km track.
Major General Nguyen Hong Phong asked the team to bring into full play the cultural traditions of the country and the noble virtues of Uncle Ho's soldiers while promoting solidarity, unity, good health, and COVID-19 prevention.
He requested the participants to familiarize themselves with the host country's climate, training grounds, weapons and equipment while taking advantage of practice time to achieve the highest possible results at the games.
The artillery troops were also urged to raise their determination, teamwork, and coordination while having reasonable competition tactics and observing discipline. During the competition, they should compete honestly, notably, and be resolved to bring glory to the nation.
As planned, the team will head for Kazakhstan on August 3.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Defense Ministry honors participating teams in Army Games 2020
- China's leaders look to send message of control at annual political showcase
- Prince Harry sends video of support to soldiers taking part in charity trek as he refers to the organisation as 'family' and praises the 'resilience, courage and talent that exists within those who have served'
- Katy Perry thanks 'Uncle Ryan Seacrest' for sending gorgeous gift box of full goodies for her newborn baby girl Daisy Dove Bloom
- Coronavirus is threatening their people but it hasn't held back these indigenous pageant queens
- Mini WIPL: Women's team arrive in the UAE
- Beijing Winter Olympics 2022 should not be held in China, human rights groups say in letter to IOC
- US Sending Long-Awaited Funds to Boost Ukraine Military
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by Facebook - Biden, Pence elbow bump at NYC Sept. 11 ceremony
- The White House finally socially distances and insists on masks: Guests at Amy Coney Barrett's ceremonial swearing in on the South Lawn take COVID precautions - unlike infamous super-spreader last month
- Lily Allen proudly shows off her dazzling new wedding ring after tying the knot with David Harbour in Las Vegas Elvis ceremony
- The Community-based Social Innovation for Youth Program in Hong Kong Prize Presentation Ceremony for the Second "Social Innovation · Community 4.0" Competition
- Vietnam's oldest COVID-19 patient discharged as last medical teams leave Da Nang
- Military Hospital 175 sends medical personnel to Truong Sa Islands
- PM sends condolences to families of 13 dead officers and soldiers
- Nghe An team wins disaster risk management contest
- Vietnamese team tops qualifying round of ASEAN information security contest
- Trump team thinks Nevada is in play. Is it?
- Cops, SWAT team and security guards deployed ‘with billy clubs as pro-Trump and Antifa protesters mass in Beverly Hills’
- Social Media Sends 'Prayers for Dak' After Cowboys Quarterback is Carted Off the Field in Tears
Send-off ceremony held for artillery team have 528 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.