Sacombank sold out all 81.56 million treasury shares (equivalent to 4.33 per cent of its charter capital) on the stock market on July 27 for more than VND2.438 trillion (US$106.2 million), earning a profit of VND1.684 trillion ($73.4 million).
It was one more important mandatory task in its restructuring approved by the State Bank of Vietnam after the merger.
Nguyen Duc Thach Diem, a member of the board of directors and CEO of the bank, said, "After handling Sacombank’s treasury shares, we have completed one of the objectives of the restructuring project, contributing to increasing liquidity, increasing the efficiency of capital use as well as improving the capital adequacy ratio for the bank."
Sacombank is making unrelenting efforts to soon accomplish the restructing project's objectives to regain its position in the market and get approval to pay dividends to shareholders despite facing many new challenges, she added.
It also plans to sell all 13.87 million shares it owns in the Sacombank Securities Joint Stock Company, equivalent to a 10.21 per cent stake, in August as part of its strategy to restructure investments and increase revenues to supplement capital for its businesses.
At the end of the first half of the year the bank had total assets of VND504.5 trillion ($21.97 billion), deposits of VND 447.6 trillion ($19.5 billion) and loans outstanding of VND 361.1 trillion ($15.7 billion), up 6.1 per cent since the beginning of the year.
Its profit before tax was VND2.424 trillion ($105.58 million), or 60.6 per cent of its full-year target.
It recovered VND 6.61 trillion ($288 million) worth of bad debts and outstanding assets in the first half to reduce its non-performing loans ratio by 0.1 percentage point for the year to 1.54 per cent.
Its capital adequacy ratio (CAR) is 9.75 per cent, up 0.22 percentage points from the beginning of the year. — VNS
- Stocks rise on hope for progress on trade
- Stocks move higher as investors pivot after broad sell-off
- Markets Right Now: Tech leads a broad decline for US stocks
- Stocks jump on planned resumption of U.S.-China trade talks
- Is Riverstone Holdings Limited (SGX:AP4) A High Quality Stock To Own?
- Meredith Corp. stock drops after rough Time Inc. merger
- Girl, 21, makes £30,000 selling her old clothes on eBay… and she has tips for how YOU can make a fortune too
- Small-company stocks jump again. Major indexes, not so much
- The Acid Profiteers: Drop-Out, Turn-On, Cash-In
- Stocks notch gains, erase prior day’s losses for S&P 500
- Stocks rise on fresh optimism ahead of U.S.-China trade talks
- US stocks rebound on housing data, Trump’s remarks on trade deal
- Markets Right Now: Stocks fall as investors turn cautious
- Stocks slide as worries about global economy grow
- U.S. stock indexes end mixed to close out a volatile month
- US stocks fall as investors turn cautious
- Stocks move higher as investors pivot from broad sell-off
- US stocks move higher as China eases trade tensions
- GM stocks up on vehicles amid strike threat
- Stocks power on, heading for strong finish to volatile month
Sacombank makes $73.4m profits from selling treasury stocks have 500 words, post on bizhub.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.