MANCHESTER UNITED are frontrunners in the race to sign Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves.
That’s according to bookmakers Sky Bet, who’ve slashed their odds on the Portuguese star arriving at Old Trafford.
Neves was available at 16/1 to join compatriot Bruno Fernandes at Old Trafford.
But that price has well and truly plummeted with the 24-year-old now offered at 2/1!
The Red Devils have already landed Tom Heaton and Jadon Sancho while defender Raphael Varane expected to sign shortly.
And Neves could be next with Eurosport's Dean Jones claiming a deal for Neves is ‘reasonably far down the line.’
He told The Football Terrace podcast: “I just haven't heard a lot about Saul Niguez personally.
“I know for a fact that they do like Neves, that they've been working on it in the background and it's reasonably far down the line.
“And if they do want to progress with it they can, because the foundations have been laid.”
Ruben Neves next club – Sky Bet odds
- Manchester Utd – 2/1
- Arsenal – 5/1
- Tottenham – 12/1
- Atletico Madrid – 16/1
- Liverpool – 18/1
- Everton – 20/1
- Benfica – 25/1
- Porto – 25/1
- Chelsea – 33/1
- Manchester City – 33/1
- SKY BET – GET £40 FREE BETS*
DREAM TEAM IS BACK! SIGN UP NOW FOR THE 21/22 SEASON FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN £100,000
Arsenal were previously favourites for Neves’ signature after SunSport revealed the player’s agent was in contact with Gunners chiefs.
Jorge Mendes held discussions with Arsenal technical director Edu about a potential move.
However, Arsenal’s odds have drifted out to 5/1.
Neves has two years remaining on his contract, which expires in June 2023.
But the Midlands club are open to cashing for around £35million this summer to avoid negotiating while he’s in the final 12 months of his deal.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Co. are looking at central midfielders to replace Paul Pogba, whose future looks increasingly uncertain.
Away from the two leading contenders are Tottenham and Atletico Madrid, who are priced at 12/1 and 16/1 respectively.
The Spanish champions are known admirers of the player, while Nuno Espirito Santo could give Spurs the edge in the race to capture his former pupil.
Merseyside duo Liverpool and Everton are offered at 18/1 and 20/1 respectively with Benfica and Porto priced at 25s.
Chelsea and Manchester City are outsiders of the field at 33/1.
Dream Team 2021/22
PLAY DREAM TEAM FOR THE 2021/22 SEASON!
- £100,000 in prize money up for grabs
- £50million budget to build your best XI
- Play in Mini Leagues against your mates, colleagues, etc
- Click here to play for FREE
- Dream Team app available through Apple Store and Google Play Store
COMPETITION: SPOT THE BALL TO WIN A CAR AND CASH
Most read in Betting Tips
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
Commercial content notice: Taking one of the bookmaker offers featured in this article may result in a payment to The Sun. 18+. T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn't gamble if they're upset, angry or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
*NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY. FIRST SINGLE & E/W BET ONLY. ODDS OF 1/1 OR GREATER. 4 X £10 BET TOKEN. FREE BET STAKES NOT INCLUDED IN RETURNS. FREE BETS FOR HORSE RACING & FOOTBALL ONLY. FREE BETS ARE NON WITHDRAWABLE. NO FREE BET EXPIRY. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS AND FURTHER T&CS APPLY. 18+. BEGAMBLEAWARE.ORG.
- PL Gossip: Liverpool eye up Wolves star
- Latest transfer news and rumours including Arsenal, United and Liverpool updates
- Soccer gossip column: Chelsea eye Man Utd star Martial
- Spurs, Liverpool and Leicester favourites to land Chamionship stars
- Marouane Fellaini denies Arsene Wenger and Arsenal kids at the death
- Football: Rodgers rules out replacing Wenger, as Arsenal eye Enrique
- Chelsea 'ready to splash £31m on Bundesliga star'
- From Seaman to Aubameyang, all 221 players to play for Arsenal under Wenger
- Transfer news & rumours LIVE: Can to join Juventus from Liverpool
- Gossip: Liverpool prepared for Madrid’s Salah move?
- Arsene Wenger leaving Arsenal at end of season: live updates
- Rodgers rules out replacing Wenger as Arsenal eye Enrique
- City clinch EPL title; Burnley takes massive step toward European football
- PFA names its Premier League team of the year
- Cardiff City breaking news RECAP
- Stoke City LIVE! Pieters shares the love, Allen admits to player complacency
- Sunderland relegated: What awaits Chris Coleman's side in League One?
- THE REAL LEGISLATIVE PROCESS
- Follow Wednesday's Boro news and opinion live
- POLITICO Playbook: Clyburn says House Democrats must win or else
Ruben Neves transfer odds – Man Utd lead Arsenal, Tottenham & Liverpool for Wolves star with deal ‘reasonably’ advanced have 826 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.