Doctor Phan Thi Phung, 55, head of Intensive Care Ward of Can Tho General Hospital, has announced her decision at a hospital’s meeting on Friday.
Doctor Phan Thi Phung
“I will try to stay with the staff of the Intensive Care Ward until the end of the Covid-19 fight. I will continue my work when I can," Phung said.
Doctor Tran Quoc Luan, director of the hospital, said that all people were surprised and felt moved by what Phung said.
Phung and her colleagues at the Intensive Care Ward of Can Tho General Hospital
"She always tries her best to save people from being on the verge of death, helping to inspire her colleagues," Luan added.
Over the past month since the Covid-19 outbreak in the city, Phung has been staying with other staff days and nights to save patients who are in critical conditions.
- Why medical marijuana employees need a doctor’s note to work
- I don’t have a retirement plan, and I don’t care
- DWP takes disabled woman's Motability car off her to save £8k - then offer to pay £65k on taxis instead
- Risk of infecting surgery patients with CJD not taken seriously, say MPs
- Kidnap: Doctors barricade gov’s office, demand colleague’s release
- Shorter working week on way
- DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: Why we really ARE gambling with the health of young people who are addicted to betting
- Volunteer medics a tonic for rural residents
- NHS patient records to revolutionise medical research in Britain
- Doctors dismissed Spanish flu as a 'minor infection' for three years before devastating 1918 pandemic went on to kill 50million people
- Abortion Rights Volunteers Have Adopted A Radical Approach To Get Around Restrictions In The South: “It’s Been A War”
- EXCLUSIVE: Long waiting lists, burnout doctors and 'greedy' insurance companies: How Australia's health system is at risk of collapse as top surgeon warns 'we're going the way of America'
- Here are six ways to save the NHS, Mr Hunt. Trust me I’m a doctor
- GPs warn they are at breaking point and see up to 70 patients a day as doctors vote for appointments cap
- 1,500 patients benefit as Osita Chidoka’s second round of free medical outreach kicks off in Anambra
- Bill Would Have Doctors In Massachusetts Ask Patients About Guns
- 'Monster' abortion doctor who kept remains of 2,400 fetuses in his home and car had sick competition with other doctors to carry out the most terminations in a day and once compared women having unwanted babies to the wartime bombing of Dresden
- Robots and AI to give doctors more time with patients, says report
- DOCTORS: poor working conditions, remuneration, cause for relocation —UCH CMD
- The 'inspirational' mother whose death from late diagnosed cancer spurred on her heartbroken widower to save thousands of lives from the disease by creating a 'breathalyser'
Retired doctor volunteers to continue working to save Covid-19 patients have 484 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.