Jhunjhunwala held a total of 4.27 crore shares in the company at the end of March, which came down to 3.77 crore by the end of June.
, trimming his stake in the company to 1.14 per cent, latest shareholding data showed.
Jhunjhunwala held a total of 4.27 crore shares in the company at the end of March, which came down to 3.77 crore by the end of June. According to the last closing price, he sold shares worth Rs 154.35 crore. Tata Motors was the second largest bet in Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s portfolio, after Titan.
Retail investors also trimmed their holdings in the company during the quarter. They now hold 11.94 per cent, down from 12.92 per cent at the end of the March quarter.
Did you Know?
Stock score of Tata Motors Ltd moved up by 3 in 3 months on a 10-point scale.
Life Insurance of India, the largest domestic investor, also slashed its stake to 4.03 per cent from 4.18 per cent. Overall, insurance companies now hold 4.83 per cent, down from 5.80 per cent.
Shares of Tata Motors fell 1.5 per cent to Rs 303.95 in Mumbai trading on Tuesday.
The company has been facing difficulties lately. Its biggest contributor to revenues, Jaguar Land Rover earlier this month said chip shortage in the international market could hit its business significantly.
However, some set of investors increased their holdings in the company. Mutual funds now hold 5.78 per cent in the firm, up from 5.30 per cent, the shareholding data showed. Foreign portfolio investors raised their holding to 14.28 per cent from 13.78 per cent.
Read More News on
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's Rs 600 crore bet looks set to deliver 'real money'
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala says markets see second COVID-19 surge as a 'blip in time'
- Tata Motors gets NCLT approval to hive off PV business
- Nazara Technologies raises Rs 100 crore funding
- Eicher Motors Q2 results: Net profit declines 40% to Rs 343 crore
- 14 largecaps in the bear grip, down 33% from 52-wk highs. Worth a look?
- EV Day Special: Govt should look at incentivising electric cars for personal mobility, says Tata
- Tata Signa 3118.T — The Perfect Truck For 31-Tonne Cargo Haulage In India?
- Focus on SUVs, Sedans in Rs 5-10 Lakh segment: End of the road for entry-level cars on premium switch
- Dish TV Q1 profit down 34% to Rs 49 crore
- Vedanta ties up with SBI for long-term syndicated loan of Rs 10,000 cr
- Tata Digital | TCS: Tata Digital could be the TCS of the future, says Rajesh Gopinathan
- Investors get richer by Rs 2.7 lakh cr as Sensex surges; BSE m-cap hits Rs 250 lakh cr
- Investors richer by Rs 2.5 lakh cr as Sensex surges 514 pts; Nifty ends above 17,200
- Mindtree Q2 results: Net profit jumps 88% YoY to Rs 254 crore
- MapmyIndia: MapmyIndia looks to raise Rs 1,200-1,300 crore via IPO
- MapmyIndia looks to raise Rs 1,200-1,300 crore via IPO
- MapMyIndia plans to go public, raise Rs 1,200 crore
- What Is Modi Govt’s Rs 6 Lakh Cr Asset Monetisation Plan? All You Need To Know
- Auto sales preview: Sales recovery to continue in August but supply-side issues persist
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala dumps Rs 154 cr worth of Tata Motors shares in Q1 have 621 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at July 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.