HÀ NỘI — A number of policies supporting families that have contributed to the revolution, and Agent Orange/dioxin (AO) victims, have been issued by the Vietnamese State, President Nguyễn Xuân Phúc said Wednesday.
At a meeting with the Vietnam Martyrs’ Family Support Association (VMFSA) and the Vietnam Association for Victims of Agent Orange (VAVA) the President also lauded the two associations for their practical activities, helping to create guidelines and policies for the Party and the State to support the families of war invalids and martyrs, and AO victims.
The meeting was held on the 74th anniversary of War Invalids and Martyrs Day (July 27) and the 60th anniversary of the AO/dioxin disaster in Việt Nam.
During the current pandemic, he said the associations should continue to coordinate with competent ministries and agencies to ensure their care needs are met.
Việt Nam counts more than 560,000 families of martyrs.
Since its inception in 2004, the VAVA has expanded its network to 63 cities and provinces, with over 4,000 members. It has played an active role in campaigning for settlements for victims of AO, the toxic chemical sprayed by the US during the war in Việt Nam.
Established more than 10 years ago, the VMFSA has nearly 100 branches with nearly 10,000 members. The association coordinates with the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs to recognise hundreds of martyrs all around the country. — VNS
- The Latest: Snubbing Biden, Warren thanks Obama for support
- Pelosi says Trump had 'meltdown' in meeting over his decision to leave Syria
- Notes From the Couch - An Appeal For Support For the Productivity Challenged
- REVEALED: Lebron James 'grilled NBA boss Adam Silver during closed-door meeting on possible punishments for Rockets GM over Hong Kong tweet' - and now the Lakers star is being accused by Ted Cruz of 'embracing Chinese government propaganda'
- DUP's Arlene Foster and Nigel Dodds say they 'could not support' Boris Johnson's new Brexit deal 'on customs and consent issues' and warn of a 'lack of clarity on VAT'
- Jenga Anyone? The Importance of Stability in Group Management
- The Behavior at the Town Hall Meetings
- Fact Check: Did Rahul Gandhi use his mobile phone during the mourning of Pulwama martyrs?
- Vietnamese NA Vice Chairwoman meets IPU leader, Cuban counterpart
- The Crown Prince! Duke and Duchess don traditional Pakistani headwear as they meet Himalayan villagers - as historic Royal tour retraces steps his mother Princess Diana took during her visit in 1991
- How a populist president helped Bolivia's poor – but built himself a palace
- The Importance of Being a Supportive Wife
- The Latest: FM says Russia supports securing Turkish border
- The Latest: Erdogan aide meets with Russias Syria envoy
- US delegation arrives for meeting with Turkey's Erdogan
- The Latest: Many Democrats support taking on drug companies
- The Latest: Iraqi president talks security with US diplomat
- Pence meets with Erdogan, seeking Syria border cease-fire
- Pence meets with Erdogan, seeking Syria border ceasefire
- Trump: 'Great News Out of Turkey' After Pence-Erdogan Meeting
President meets with AO, revolutionary martyrs support groups have 536 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.