The investigation police agency today decided to take legal action against Tran Van Nam, former Secretary of the Party Committee and former Vice Chairman of the People's Committee of Binh Duong, for his wrongdoings.
Tran Van Nam, former Secretary of the Party Committee and former Vice Chairman of the People's Committee of Binh Duong province, is being investigated for his wrongdoings (Photo: VNA)
Nam faces the charge of "violating regulations on the management and use of State asset, which causes loss and wastefulness" under Article 219 of the 2015 Penal Code.
He is accused of being linked with the case of "violating regulations on the management and use of State asset, which causes loss and wastefulness" at the Binh Duong Producing and Trading Corporation. This case is currently under the monitoring of the Central Steering Committee for Anti-Corruption.
Earlier this month, the Party Central Committee decided to dismiss Nam, who was then member of the Party Central Committee, Secretary of the provincial Party Committee, and head of the 14th National Assembly deputies' delegation of Binh Duong, from all of his Party positions in the 2010 – 2015, 2015 – 2020, and 2020 – 2025 tenures.
The National Election Council also rejected him as a deputy of the 15th National Assembly as initial findings show that he had infringed the regulations on the things Party members must steer clear of and broken the law, causing serious consequences.
In June, the investigation police agency also launched legal action against former Chairman of the Binh Duong People's Committee Tran Thanh Liem, five officials of this province, and four others who are incumbent or former executives of different companies for their involvement in this case./.
- Horasis Asia Meeting 2018 kicks off in Binh Duong
- Binh Duong snatch league titles
- Vietnam businesses plan legal action for delayed tax refunds
- Family perishes in Binh Duong house fire
- Vietnam park takes legal action against violator of wildlife protection
- Binh Duong pledges to restore investor confidence
- Police prosecute two business leaders of fake medicine ring
- Deputy PM orders investigation over illegal racing in Binh Duong
- Bản in : Da Nang takes legal actions against boat capsize case
- Illegally raised rare animals seized in Binh Duong Province
- 92.5 percent of riot-hit firms in Binh Duong reopen
- Ex-leaders of Vinalines get death in $19 mln corruption case
- Ex-leaders of Vinalines get death in mln corruption case
- Police official prosecuted for aiding escape of Vinalines ex-leader DTiNews
- Malaysian police to question ex-PM Mahathir over rally comments
- Southern police take action against tobacco smugglers
- United passenger launches legal action over forceful removal
- Binh Duong: online conference of natural resources and environment - effective connection of the governing body and the public
- Hoa Binh hospital’s former director prosecuted in medical incident
- Police officers save football fan’s life during V. League game
Police take legal action against ex-leader of Binh Duong have 451 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.