HÀ NỘI — Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chính on Monday sent a letter to his Cambodian counterpart Hun Sen to express thanks to the Cambodian Government and people for providing help to HCM City in the fight against COVID-19.
The Vietnamese Government leader said the practical and timely assistance that PM Hun Sen, the Government and people of Cambodia have given to HCM City has effectively contributed to the pandemic prevention and control work of the southern hub as well as of Việt Nam.
The assistance is even more precious when the Cambodian Government and people are also exerting efforts to cope with the pandemic, and is evidence of the friendship, solidarity and noble tradition of mutual support between the two nations, especially at times of difficulties, Chính wrote in the letter.
PM Chính also thanked the Cambodian PM and Government for their care for the community of Vietnamese and Cambodians of Vietnamese origin during the implementation of COVID-19 response measures.
He expressed a belief that with the resolve and coordination between the two governments and the support of the people, Việt Nam and Cambodia will soon win the fight against the pandemic, quickly recover their economy and resume sustainable development.
Earlier on July 17, Cambodian PM Hun Sen sent a letter to PM Chính to inform that Cambodia would present HCM City with medical supplies, including 1 million medical masks, 100,000 N95 masks, 100 oxygen generators and US$200,000 in cash. The Cambodian Red Cross Society also presented $100,000 and the Cambodia-Vietnam Friendship Association $100,000.
A flight transporting the medical supplies arrived at Tân Sơn Nhất airport in HCM City on Monday. Youk Sambath, Secretary of State under the Cambodian Ministry of Health handed over the aid to Vice Chairman of HCM City People's Committee Dương Anh Đức. — VNS
- HCM City streets submerged by heavy rains
- Liver from Hanoi brings revival to patient in HCM City
- Four key industries in HCM City see positive growth
- British Consul General thanks Vietnam for efforts to save Covid-19-infected pilot
- UK consul general thanks Vietnam for treating British citizens ill with COVID-19
- City aims for sustainable poverty reduction
- PM Modi calls Sri Lanka’s president, Mauritian counterpart; promises help during Covid-19 pandemic
- Humble NHS nurses 'Jenny and Luis' brush off Boris Johnson's praise for staying at his 'ICU bedside for 48 hours when things could have gone either way' and return to work - as their family tell of their pride at pair who helped save the PM
- PM Modi to hold review meet with MHA, NDMA at 4 pm over cyclone Amphan
- Eid Mubarak: PM Narendra Modi extends greetings on Eid-ul-Fitr; Jama Masjid remains closed for devotees amid COVID-19 lockdown
- Administrative reforms will help energise firms after pandemic
- Administrative reforms will help energise VN firms after pandemic
- Lockdown extension | Centre likely to extend Coronavirus lockdown till June 15: Report
- British diplomat thanks Vietnam for treating British COVID-19 patients
- In India’s Covid-19 testing strategy, a hard push from PM Modi and a dose of reality
- How Samoa has recorded NO Covid-19 cases with the help of a beauty queen who assisted in the Pacific Island's fight against an unprecedented measles outbreak
- In Mexican border cities, many fear virus is coming from US
- ‘Big-city school’ dreams shattered for migrants’ children as families move back home amid lockdown
- Allowing firms to list overseas may help raise funds
- 10 digital X-ray machines to help Mumbai civic body detect virus in patients
PM extends thanks to Cambodian counterpart over help for HCM City have 589 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.