Phu Quoc island off the southern province of Kien Giang has been listed among the world's 100 greatest places to explore in 2021 by US Time news magazine.
Time magazine says known as the "jewel of Vietnam," this teardrop-shaped resort and fishing island has become one of the fastest-growing destinations in Southeast Asia.
In 2019, Phu Quoc attracted 5 million visitors, a 30% increase from the year before. Currently, the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism is collecting feedback on its draft pilot programme, which aims at opening the island to international visitors with vaccine passports for six months beginning in October.
Under the scheme, Phu Quoc is expected to welcome 2,000 to 3,000 visitors per month via charter flights in a limited number of locations during the first phase, which will last three months. In the second phase, also lasting for three months, the island will host 5,000 to 10,000 visitors per month./.
- Two Singaporean establishments have made Time’s World’s Greatest Places 2018 list – here’s what they’re all about
- Museum Macan named one of world’s greatest places
- Singapore's Coo hostel and Atlas bar make Time's 2018 World's Greatest Places list
- Singapore bar, hostel are listed as Time’s World’s Greatest Places
- Atlas Bar, COO Boutique Hostel on TIME's World's Greatest Places 2018 list
- Premier Residences Phu Quoc Emerald Bay on Kem Beach launched
- Phu Quoc island under transformation
- Slice of island paradise at top Vietnam beach destination Phu Quoc
- Vietnamese now allowed to gamble in Phu Quoc casino on trial basis
- The 100 greatest novels of all time: The list
- Fortune names De Lima as one of world’s greatest leaders
- Why Shanghai is one of the world’s greatest cities
- Dr Mahathir in the league of 50 world's greatest leaders
- The 100 greatest non-fiction books
- Four ways to get hired at Hubspot – one of the world’s best places to work – even if you’re a fresh graduate
- 7 simple lessons from the world’s greatest Uber driver
- Once the world's greatest port, Hong Kong sinks in global ranking
- World Cup: Singapore comes to a standstill as thousands gather to watch France-Croatia final
- Fitting finale for France caps a fantastic World Cup
- She climbed Everest nine times and set a world record – so why doesn’t she have sponsors?
Phu Quoc among world’s 100 greatest places have 359 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.