Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong (Photo: VNA)
In his message, he acknowledged directions made by the Party and State in fighting the epidemic, ensuring people's living standards and well-being, and boosting socio-economic development, adding that prompt policies have been issued to support people and businesses affected by Covid-19.
The Party chief noted all agencies, sectors, localities, and people nationwide have proactively and drastically implemented a series of measures including social distancing, vaccination, and the 5K message, with positive results recorded.
On behalf of the Party and State, he commended the efforts made by Vietnamese at home and abroad, thanked the international community for its assistance for Vietnam, and lauded the entire political system for its active engagement in curbing the epidemic and reinforcing socio-economic growth.
Mentioning the current complexity of Covid-19 with a quick spread of the virus that threatens people's health and all aspects of life, Trong called on the entire Party, military and people at home and abroad to try harder and intensify their solidarity and determination in order to push back the pandemic.
He expressed his belief that such will and actions coupled with support from international friends would result in a victory in the fight, contributing to common global efforts for a world of safety, peace, friendship, cooperation, and prosperity.
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: May 19
- 'There is no secret in WHO': Tedros hits back at Donald Trump and warns 'the worst is yet ahead of us after' accusations organisation colluded with China to downplay coronavirus
- Which women could be Joe Biden's running mate?
- Coronavirus live updates: UC anticipates loss of up to $250 million in coming school year
- Coronavirus live updates: S.F. retreats on rent policy that slammed suffering businesses
- NHS declares highest level emergency as coronavirus cases hit 51 & Boris Johnson reveals battle plan
- Budowsky: United Democrats and Biden's New Deal
- 3 BJP legislators draw flak for demanding Vidhan Sabha session to discuss corona crisis
- Britain announces 180 more coronavirus deaths including a 12-year-old child - taking official number of victims to 36,573 - but it is the lowest Saturday total since lockdown began
- The Latest: Faithful return to St. Peter's Square
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - US virus deaths exceed 100,000; Pelosi pulls FISA bill
Party chief calls for concerted efforts against Covid-19 have 370 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.