Over 4,300 Covid patients discharged from hospitals in HCMC on Tuesday
The Saigon Times
|An ambulance transports Covid-19 patients eligible to be discharged. An additional 4,353 Covid-19 patients were released from hospitals in HCMC on July 27 – PHOTO: LDO|
HCMC – An additional 4,353 Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospitals in HCMC on July 27, taking to 21,338 the city's total recoveries since the pandemic hit Vietnam, according to the HCMC Center for Disease Control.
These patients tested negative for the virus or positive but with a low viral load. Those who remain positive must self-isolate at home and undergo RT-PCR tests on the 14th and 21st days, the local media reported.
The city is treating more than 39,100 coronavirus patients, with 744 of them put on ventilators and 13 others requiring ECMO support. Up to now, HCMC has reported 815 Covid deaths, the municipal center said today, July 28.
To reduce the Covid death rate, the city has changed its strategy to focus on treating cases in critical condition and require all residents to stay at home, except to buy necessities and seek urgent medical attention.
The city is closely monitoring 36 chains of infection and has yet to detect any new chain.
Between May 26 and July 27, over 2.5 million samples at quarantine facilities and areas on lockdown were taken for testing.
Over 6,800 people are staying at quarantine facilities in the city, while some 38,000 others are self-quarantining at home.
- Gout pill that costs less than 30p could slash the risk of Covid patients needing hospital treatment by 25%, study shows
- SEE IT: Japanese Chaplain Helps Bring Thousands Of Paper Cranes, And Hope, To COVID Patients In Hospital
- NHS sends Covid patients to HOTELS in desperate attempt to free up beds as hospitals plan to discharge infected Brits to care homes without tests - as Matt Hancock admits No10 will 'look at all options' to ease pressure on health service
- Plan to discharge Covid patients to care homes in England is 'madness'
- How busy is YOUR hospital? Interactive tool reveals trust-by-trust breakdown of Covid patients and ICU occupancy as data shows a FIFTH of NHS sites had NO free critical care beds last week
- One-in-eight 'recovered' Covid patients 'DIE within 140 days': Study finds devastating toll on people who were hospitalised – with a THIRD readmitted within weeks
- NHS hospitals draft in SECRETARIES to help on wards and bosses plan to use Army helicopters to airlift Covid patients to mainland from Isle of Wight as officials warn crisis won't peak until FEBRUARY - but Matt Hancock says there is NO oxygen shortage
- 'Freedom': UK Covid patient returns home after 306 days in hospital
- Overwhelmed hospitals may start 'offloading Covid patients to care homes' again
- Dozen patients discharged in Hebei
- Doctor Who Treated America's First COVID Patient Reveals What It Was Like
- Two-thirds of NHS trusts in England treated more Covid patients last week than at peak of first wave
- Diary of a paramedic: We're now rushing a lot of younger patients into hospital and a father, 45, and husband, 54, are among Covid victims who are no longer who you'd expect
- Struggling London hospitals sending Covid patients to Newcastle
- Health Workers From Brazil's Manaus Cry Out For Help Amid Oxygen Shortage For COVID Patients
- People shouldn't hesitate to get vaccinated, listen to scientists: Delhi's 1st Covid patient
- Recovering Covid patient, 20, reveals how ICU nurses rang his dad and held the phone to his ear to say 'goodbye' after 80% of his lungs stopped working but he was so weak he couldn't even tell him 'I love you'
- Hospital patients to be moved into hotels to free up beds for Covid patients in bid to help overwhelmed wards
- Almost 30% of Covid patients in England readmitted to hospital after discharge – study
- 36,489 patients in hospital with Covid in new record high as critical care units operate at 152% of capacity
Over 4,300 Covid patients discharged from hospitals in HCMC on Tuesday have 609 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.