Tim Tebow's time with the Jacksonville Jaguars might be rapidly nearing an end.
The Jaguars sent shockwaves through the NFL when they decided to sign Tebow as a tight end, and there had been some chatter that he was impressing. However, CBS Sports writer Patrik Walker thinks there's a very good chance that the Florida Heisman winner doesn't make it to week one. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football)
View this post on Instagram
Walker wrote the following about Tebow's future with the team:
Tebow had to know this was a long shot when he signed on, and his only saving grace might be his relationship with Urban Meyer — the reason he's getting this shot in the first place. That said, even Meyer is claiming Tebow will be evaluated like others on the roster with no special considerations…Headlines aside, this is the most sensical cut to be made by the Jaguars, unless they want to sacrifice a seat on their 53-man roster for a 33-year-old who's never played tight end before and came out of retirement to try.
As I've said many times before, I really hope that Tebow is able to stick around and make the final roster for the Jaguars.
However, it honestly doesn't look great at the moment.
Urban Meyer Discusses If Tim Tebow Will Make The Jaguars. Fans Might Not Like His Comments https://t.co/LqUOjLVe0S
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) June 27, 2021
Tebow came out of the gate with some serious momentum, but that seems to have cooled off in a major way. Even Urban Meyer seems to recognize that Tebow's chances of making the final squad aren't great.
When the guy who brought you in no longer sounds optimistic, you know trouble is brewing.
— USA TODAY Sports (@usatodaysports) June 24, 2021
Hopefully, I just turn out to be wrong because I think we'd all love to see Tebow make it.
- Tim Tebow wasn’t wrong about one important thing
- NFL quarterback Tim Tebow pursues shock career in baseball after ditching American football
- Tim Tebow should stick with his heart, not his head
- Tim Tebow and the value of an athlete’s likeness
- How to watch RedZone, live NFL games for free in Week 3
- Vegas pick’em: NFL Week 1 winners against the spread
- NFL trade rumors: Latest on Dolphins’ Minkah Fitzpatrick
- NFL 100: Ranking the top pro football players from HBCU programs
- Texans like Carlos Hyde's tackle-breaking running style
- NFL backup QB rankings: All 32 teams' contingency plans ranked
- NFL cuts tracker 2019: Updates on notable players released
- Texans rookie Charles Omenihu notches sack in first NFL game
- NFL Week 3 2019: 32 things we learned from all the games
- NFL: Jalen Ramsey trade market could heat up in near future
- Gardner Minshew: Jaguars rookie QB becoming NFL cult hero
- Jaguars looking for better performance this year vs Chiefs
- Texans like Bradley Roby's nickel work
- NFL trade rumors: Latest on Jaguars’ Jalen Ramsey
- Jaguars star CB Jalen Ramsey wants to be traded
- Texans rookie corner Lonnie Johnson keeps adapting to NFL style
NFL Insider Thinks The Jaguars Will Likely Cut Tim Tebow have 540 words, post on dailycaller.com at July 7, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.