Nearly 2,000 additional Covid-19 patients recover, released from HCMC's hospitals
The Saigon Times
|Recovered Covid-19 patients get onto a minibus to return home after being declared free of the coronavirus and allowed to leave a hospital in HCMC. The HCMC Center for Disease Control has announced that 1,995 recovered Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospitals citywide yesterday, July 26 – PHOTO: LDO|
HCMC – The HCMC Center for Disease Control (HCDC) has announced that 1,995 Covid-19 patients who recovered were discharged from hospitals citywide yesterday, July 26, raising the city's total recoveries since the pandemic hit Vietnam early last year to 16,659 cases.
An HCDC representative this afternoon said that the city, on which the latest coronavirus resurgence has taken its toll with over 68,000 cases reported to date, is gradually changing its Covid-19 treatment strategy to reduce the death toll and is tightening the implementation of the stay-at-home mandate under the prime minister's Directive 16.
Hospitals in the city are treating more than 37,700 coronavirus patients. Of them, 696 severely-ill patients are put on ventilators and 13 others require ECMO support. The city's death toll caused by the virus had reached 698 cases, reported Tuoi Tre newspapers.
HCDC added that all 38 infection clusters in the city had been detected and were being closely monitored. However, the city has discovered one more infection cluster in a residential area in Tan Binh District.
Further, the city is carrying out its fifth Covid-19 vaccination drive for 15 priority groups. Each site only gives 120 shots per day to ensure vaccination and Covid-19 safety. Patients with underlying medical problems and people aged over 65 will be vaccinated at hospitals, while other groups will be inoculated at vaccination sites in their local areas.
- Health sector in HCMC ready for smart medicine
- Northern Westchester Hospital receives approval to develop a comprehensive Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Disgraced Harvey Weinstein releases new photo of himself inside hospital in attempt to prove he isn't faking illness
- Tragedy as injured Australian caught up in the White Island volcano disaster dies in hospital - taking death toll to 16
- Hero doctor who saved White Island victim's life by draining her chest when she was seconds from certain death says hospitals can't cope with the influx of severely burned victims
- After a difficult year in medicine, a thank you to patients who ease our lives in many ways
- Project to lure foreign patients in Vietnamese hospitals
- White Island volcano death toll rises to 16 as victim dies in Australia hospital
- New Zealand: Volcano death toll rises to 16 as victim dies in Australia hospital
- Smartphone App May Help People Recover from Alcoholism
- Bodies of tragic White Island victims will be recovered tomorrow despite a 50 per cent chance the volcano will erupt again
- Three patients die as 250 lawyers are charged over ransacking hospital in Pakistan
- More Americans are dying at HOME receiving end-of-life care than in hospitals for the first time since the 1950s
- CA Surprise-Billing Law Protects Patients But Aggravates Many Doctors
- Dirt Eaters and Other Pica Cases Nearly Double in Decade
- How Hotel Scents By Aroma360 Is Relieving Patients Fears Of Visiting The Doctor’s Office
- NHS hospitals in England reveal £2.45bn record deficit
- Teen, 16, nearly died after vaping for just five months 'left him on life support'
- Siddaramiah discharged from hospital after undergoing angioplasty
- Man, 19, is charged with murder of Keeley Bunker, 20, whose body was found in a stream after she disappeared on trip to rap concert
Nearly 2,000 additional Covid-19 patients recover, released from HCMC’s hospitals have 547 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.