The travel ban will be effective from Wednesday in the industrial province Binh Duong that borders HCMC, which has recorded more than 8,800 infections in the new wave.
In the Mekong Delta, a similar ban will be imposed from Tuesday in An Giang, Hau Giang, Long An, Tien Giang, and Vinh Long Provinces, and from Wednesday in Ben Tre and Kien Giang.
People are only allowed to go out during these time frames for emergency or performing public duties.
In Dong Thap’s capital Cao Lanh Town, all convenience stores and supermarkets, of which some normally open through the night, must close at 6 p.m. from Monday.
Bac Lieu Province in the delta had decided to prohibit all people from leaving their home between 6 p.m. and 5 a.m. from Monday after the move was first adopted by Ho Chi Minh City.
The restrictions in the localities will last until Aug. 1 or until further notice.
All southern localities, including 13 in the Mekong Delta, had already imposed social distancing measures in accordance with government Directive 16 for two weeks starting July 19.
The directive requires everyone to stay home and only go out if necessary to buy food or medicine or to work where allowed. No more than two people can gather together in public apart from at work, school, or hospital.
However, with the ongoing Covid-19 community wave growing more complicated, several localities have decided to boost restrictions to a higher level.
- Is time-restricted eating effective for weight loss?
- South Africa: Verulam Man Allegedly Raped Stepdaughter 900 Times From 2013 to 2018, Court Hears
- Province honours 38 ethnic youths
- South Africa: Dams Half Full, but Too Early to Call for Easing Restrictions
- Tour operators set for busiest time of year
- 6.4-magnitude earthquake strikes southern Philippines
- Gunfights rage in southern Iraq, protests spread nationwide
- Syrian opposition says talks with Russia over southern Daraa 'fail'
- Three workers die on steel furnace in Bình Dương Province
- Rebels surrender southern Syrian enclave, handing Assad another major victory
- Access grows to remote provinces
- Syria says Israel has struck airbase with missiles for third time in five months
- Liam Cahill won’t restrict Déise to sweeper system
- One billion USD project licensed in southern island
- WTO slams rise in G20 trade restrictions
- Marquette 84, Southern 41: Markus Howard puts on another clinic with Big East play looming
- Southern Africa: Zim On Track for Free, Fair Polls
- Syria rebels mull tough Russian terms for southern handover
- Southern University raises student fees by 4.95 percent across campuses
- Judge weighing Trump administration's asylum restrictions
More southern provinces apply night-time restrictions have 401 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.