Vietnam's leading mobile phone and consumer electronics retailer said revenues were up 12 percent to VND62.49 trillion.
Covid-19 drove online sales to VND5.3 trillion, and with selling and administrative expenses falling as a result, profits rose sharply.
Shoppers at a Bach Hoa Xanh store in Thu Duc City, HCMC. Photo by VnExpress/Quynh Tran.
Mobile phone sales were up 16 percent and laptop, refrigeration and consumer goods sales achieved single-digit growth.
The company's Dien May Xanh, The Gioi Di Dong and Bach Hoa Xanh store chains had saw revenues of VND33.3 trillion, VND15.6 trillion and VND13.37 trillion.
Mobile World has 4,610 outlets, including 1,888 Bach Hoa Xanh stores, in 25 cities and provinces.
The management expects extreme volatility in the coming months, mainly because nearly 2,000 mobile phone and electronic appliance shops have temporarily closed amid social distancing in Hanoi and 19 southern localities.
- Berkeley College Ranked for Sixth Consecutive Year on U.S. News & World Report List of Best Online Bachelor Programs for Veterans
- Precipio Reports Strong Mid-Quarter Growth
- The World's 26 Richest People Have As Much Wealth as the Poorest 50 Percent of Humanity, Report Says
- US stocks waver as signs of future profit growth wobble
- The Radicati Group Releases “Mobile Statistics Report, 2019-2023”
- Strategic Plan Continues Profit Growth For Vera Bradley
- Report: German government lowers growth forecast
- Clare Oaks earns top ratings from U.S. News & World Report and CMS
- U.S News and World Report Ranks IU Kelley School of Business No. 1
- Trine University's online programs recognized by U.S. News & World Report
- Citizens reports $1.7B profit for 2018
- T-Mobile outpaces even Verizon’s strong growth in adding customers
- These Are the World's 'Best' Countries—and the U.S. Isn't Even in the Top Five
- McKinsey shows Africa is the world’s next big growth market
- Jam City Raises $145 Million for Mobile Game Acquisitions
- LSI Industries Inc. Reports Operating Results for the Second Quarter and Declares Regular Cash Dividend
- Global Self Storage Reports Third Quarter and Nine-Month 2018 Results
- Neos Therapeutics Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Hudson Global Launches New Era of Investment and Growth
- Photronics Reports Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2018 Results
Mobile World reports 26 pct profit growth have 335 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.