HCM CITY – Minister of Health Nguyễn Thanh Long has discussed with leaders of Bình Dương the establishment of an intensive care unit for COVID-19 patients in one of the southern province’s hospitals.
The ICU Centre with 200 ventilators will play a important role in reduce the rate of severe and death of the COVID-19 cases.
The ministry has suggested that the ICU should be set up at the province general hospital in Thủ Dầu Một City, and be connected with its professional council and with field hospitals and lower-level hospitals.
Long said that the ICU would be managed by Associate Professor Nguyễn Lân Hiếu, director of the Hà Nội Medical University Hospital.
He also said his ministry would dispatch more healthcare personnel to support the province with vaccination so that the campaign is effective.
Chairman of the province People’s Committee, Võ Văn Minh, called on the ministry's continued support for treating COVID-19 patients, conducting tests and distributing vaccines for industrial workers.
The province would focus on vaccinating people living in 'red' areas, where COVID cases have been detected in the previous seven days, he said.
Its northern 'green zone' has no cases and therefore, people travelling from the “red zone” to the “green zone” must practice isolation according to regulations.
Long agreed with the Bình Dương leader’s epidemic prevention strategy, especially for vaccination, which prioritises the 'red zone,' and described it as a creative approach.
Eight more ICUs will be established in the south-eastern region.
The Bình Dương Province Department of Health said just between 5pm on July 30 and 6am on July 31 the province recorded 868 new COVID cases, taking the total number in the fourth wave to 13,472, including 62 deaths.
On July 28 the province began strict night-time measures, banning people from leaving home between 6pm and 6am except for medical emergencies or Covid-19 related activities.
Vehicles coming from other provinces and passing through Bình Dương on national highways cannot stop in province’s areas. – VNS
- Medical device rules need 'drastic change' to protect patients
- Manchester City win the Premier League as West Brom grab shock victory over dismal Manchester United
- Brighton secure Premier League survival with outstanding win against abysmal Manchester United: live reaction
- How to Help a Family That Has a Baby in the NICU
- Saving G.R.A.C.E.: New program helps women with addictions
- Schumacher's helmet key in fight for life: doctors
- A coach in decline: Chuck Noll’s trademark traits faded as Alzheimer’s signs worsened
- Saints owner Tom Benson hospitalized with flu-like symptoms
- Saints owner Benson hospitalized with flu-like symptoms
- George H.W. Bush 'focused on Rockets' from hospital bed
- ‘I feel lost. I feel like a child’: The complicated decline of Nick Buoniconti
- The Latest: US lawmaker says UK bomb showed ‘sophistication’
- Twin blasts near Istanbul soccer stadium kill 29 , wound 166
- Jacques Demers in stable condition 2 days after stroke
- The Latest: With loss, US women to miss first Olympic final
- From Golden Child to Miracle Man: Daniel Jacobs’ journey to Gennady Golovkin face-off
- The Latest: Weightlifter captures North Korea's 1st Rio gold
- The Latest: Nadal to semis, seeking 2nd Olympic singles gold
- The Latest: France has 1st judo gold of Rio Games in 78kg
- The Latest: Germany wins dressage gold over defending champs
Ministry of Health to set up intensive care unit for COVID patients in Bình Dương have 576 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.