|Michael Lohscheller (Photo: VNA)|
Hanoi – Vietnam's conglomerate VinGroup announced on July 27 that it has appointed Michael Lohscheller as CEO of its automotive division VinFast Global.
Lohscheller, who used to be Executive Vice President of the Volkswagen Group of America and CEO of Opel, will be responsible for scaling up VinFast's operations and presence around the globe.
During his leadership, he led Opel to sustainable profitability after decades of suffering losses. He also oversaw Opel's transformation into an electrified car brand.
When he starts his new job in Vietnam, Lohscheller will lead VinFast's operations in its current markets, namely Vietnam, the US, Canada, France, Germany and the Netherlands, with a clear goal of promoting strategic initiatives to turn VinFast into a global smart electric car company.
Vingroup's Vice Chairwoman Le Thi Thu Thuy said Lohscheller's participation in VinFast's senior management team reaffirms Vingroup's long-term plan in attracting outstanding talents and acquiring management expertise from elite circles of the global automotive industry.
On his decision to join VinFast, Lohscheller said during his career, he has always been attracted by new challenges. When the opportunity came to join VinFast, he was immediately attracted because of the growth opportunities. He looked forward to working with the leadership team to grow the company and establish it as a global smart electric car company.
With more than two decades of working in the automotive industry, Lohscheller is expected to play a key role in VinFast's bold steps in global expansion and towards becoming a leading global smart electric car company.
- Melissa Di Donato Appointed CEO of SUSE
- News HSBC appoints new CEO for Philippine operations
- Opel CEO says German costs twice those of other plants: source
- HSBC's next CEO could be first outsider to run bank
- Alliance Global names Kevin Tan as next CEO
- Ford appoints new China CEO to revive falling sales
- Ted Baker founder and CEO Kelvin quits after misconduct allegations
- Asia Society appoints executive chairman of OUE Limited as member of board of trustees
- CN Rail’s former CEO earned more than $12 million in 2017
- Fiat Chrysler shares drop as CEO exit creates uncertainty
- Ernst & Young chairman, CEO to step down
- Billionaire Michael Bloomberg is launching a rival to Davos — and it’s all about China
- Indra Nooyi stepping down as PepsiCo CEO
- PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi to step down after 12 years at the helm
- Centara appoints senior VP for business development to support expansion plans
- Premier League hires Discovery’s Susanna Dinnage as CEO
- Ridgeon appointed IAAF's new chief executive
- Andreas is Star Media Group’s new CEO
- BreadTalk group CEO Henry Chu resigns due to health reasons
- Banks at risk of being pushed to sidelines in age of social media and big data, RBC CEO warns
Michael Lohscheller appointed as CEO of VinFast Global have 456 words, post on vir.com.vn at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.