HCM CITY — A local man setting himself on fire in the middle of the street on Monday was not protesting the city’s pandemic prevention plan in Thủ Đức City as rumoured, according to the People’s Committee of Trường Thọ Ward.
The ward authority said the 46-year-old man, who lives with his sister’s family, has a permanent residence at Street 11, Trường Thọ Ward, Thủ Đức City.
According to his family, he has a medical certificate that lists a mental disorder level 2. The ward's People Committee said the man was being treated in the emergency room in the Burns Department of Chợ Rẫy Hospital.
The authorities are currently investigating the incident and the rumours. — VNS
- Aarey green cover decimated by city’s development plans
- One City’s Ambitious Plan To Ease Overcrowded Trains? Pay Riders
- New York City lawmakers vote to ban ALL flavored e-cigarettes - as vaping advocates throw dollar bills from the balcony and jeer, saying the city is shutting down small businesses
- Iraqi forces shoot dead 13 people and set up 'crisis cells' to quash unrest after anti-government protesters set fire to Iranian consulate
- Iraq protesters burn shrine entrance in holy city, PM quitting 'not enough'
- How American sports franchises are selling their cities short
- Iraq protesters stay in streets as parliament prepares to remove PM
- Mumbai Metro’s commercial complex set to come up in Nariman Point
- Thousands Show Up to Protest Death of Eric Garner
- End of the car age: how cities are outgrowing the automobile
- 'Kill Moe, Y'all Bammas Trippin': DC Is the Blackest City In America
- Story of cities #12: Haussmann rips up Paris – and divides France to this day
- Why our new Urban Innovation Centre is a step towards building better cities
- Delhi: Plan to use drones for pollution monitoring fails to find wings
- Are You Already Living in a ‘Smart City’?
- Beijing vows to do better at correcting city sign translations
- UP: Jewar airport project all set to take off
- Security forces kill seven in southern Iraq as protests continue: sources
- Security forces kill nine in Iraq protests
- Hong Kong protesters hold sit-in at high school of 18-year-old demonstrator shot in the chest at point-blank range by policeman in clash that shocked the strife-ridden city
Man who set himself on fire was not protesting city's pandemic prevention plan: city authorities have 388 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.