HCM CITY — A local man setting himself on fire in the middle of the street on Monday was not protesting the city’s pandemic prevention plan in Thủ Đức City as rumoured, according to the People’s Committee of Trường Thọ Ward.
The ward authority said the 46-year-old man, who lives with his sister’s family, has a permanent residence at Street 11, Trường Thọ Ward, Thủ Đức City.
According to his family, he has a medical certificate that lists a mental disorder level 2. The ward's People Committee said the man was being treated in the emergency room in the Burns Department of Chợ Rẫy Hospital.
The authorities are currently investigating the incident and the rumours. — VNS
- Is Michael O'Neill the right man for Stoke City?
- Hong Kong police shoot protester, man set on fire
- Hong Kong riot police clash with airport protesters
- From an extradition bill to a political crisis: A guide to the Hong Kong protests
- Venice braces for MORE flooding with water levels set to reach 5ft again today as locals battle to clean up 'devastation' but selfie-loving tourists enjoy 'unique experience' of seeing the city submerged
- Fires rage around besieged Hong Kong campus as protesters dig-in
- Hundreds of Chileans blinded by police since protests began
- Hong Kong protesters stage airport sit-in for international support
- Hong Kong protesters use bows and FLAMING ARROWS in clashes with police as spiralling violence in city centre enters third day
- Story of cities #42: Medellín escapes grip of drug lord to embrace radical urbanism
- At the frontline of an Extinction Rebellion climate protest in Berlin
- Hong Kong police use teargas and pepper spray to disperse protesters
- Hong Kong police warn of ´live fire´ as campus protest siege deepens
- Charlottesville City Council Meeting Briefly Suspended Over Protest – Reports
- Saving our city centres, one local market at a time
- Cape Town faces Day Zero: what happens when the city turns off the taps?
- Regularisation push: Delhi Development Authority to use images from ISRO
- 'An antidote to city life': the rise of chemical-free pools
- New garden cities must offer genuinely affordable homes, says charity
- Bystander Sues City After Allegedly Burned During Police Chase
Man who set himself on fire was not protesting city's pandemic prevention plan: city authorities have 374 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.