Vo Manh Cuong, 35, was fined for numerous violations, including not having a driving license and driving under the influence, police of the Central Highlands province stated Friday.
Cuong is also being investigated for using signal lights for priority vehicles. The ambulance he rented has also been seized.
On the night of July 26, Cuong drove an ambulance carrying two people along National Highway 25. While there were no patients requiring urgent medical assistance inside the ambulance at the time, Cuong still used the signal lights and sirens designated for priority vehicles.
When he reached Ayun Pa Town, he was stopped at a Covid-19 checkpoint near To Na Pass. He was unable to show his driver’s license, documents to prove he tested negative for the coronavirus or a license allowing the use of priority signal lights.
A quick test revealed Cuong and another person in the ambulance had been on drugs.
Cuong later confessed he rented the ambulance for VND2 million from a company that provides transportation services for hospital patients.
- Life inside Vietnam’s COVID-19 epicenter
- London on coronavirus alert: Paramedics in hazmat suits march man out of flat in Paddington after telling bystanders 'we have a confirmed case' amid hunt for anyone who came into contact with capital's first patient
- A Florida trooper stopped to help a motorist with a broken-down car. The man killed him
- The coronavirus survivors: Man, 91, and five children in outbreak epicentre of Wuhan recover from the killer SARS-like infection as death toll surges to 638
- 'He paid with his LIFE': British man, 20, is killed in a bike crash after renting a moped in the Philippines - and his outraged family back home are asked to pay for the damaged scooter
- Man, 26, dies after falling from an 'upper floor' of the seafront Grand Hotel in Brighton
- British man claims he was turned away from Wuhan evacuation flight because he was too hot after wearing two jackets
- The 'super-spreaders': From the Irish cook dubbed Typhoid Mary to British man at the centre of UK coronavirus cluster – why DO some patients transmit infections far more than others?
- American cruise passenger passes the time stuck in coronavirus quarantine by tweeting reviews of his food as he jokes the only pleas for help are 'for more coffee'
- British man who got his family on 'last available Air China flight to UK' after Foreign Office told 30,000 Brits to flee for their lives reveals they simply STROLLED through Heathrow unchecked despite coronavirus panic
- WHO warns coronavirus, now dubbed COVID-19, is 'public enemy number 1' and more powerful than terrorism attack
- Previously Deported Man Arrested in Texas with Stolen Firearm, Says Border Patrol
- Coronavirus update: Information about the outbreak of COVID-19 and how you can protect yourself
- Young man allegedly shot by 'jealous boyfriend' was on lunch break: 'He had a bright future'
- What are other countries doing to contain the spread of coronavirus? US bans all travellers who have passed through China, Italy cancels ALL flights and Australia quarantines evacuees on an ISLAND
- The Hit Man Next Door: Did a Jersey Gymnastics Coach Kill for the Mob?
- Family of Temuka man killed in car crash tell drug driver responsible 'turn your life around'
- Hand hygiene of travellers passing via 10 airports could reduce spread of Coronavirus
- ‘No regrets’ says man who aided double agent George Blake to escape
- Man transformed shabby flat into jaw-dropping home - but no one had a clue until he died
Man rents ambulance to pass Covid checkpoint have 556 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.