Vietnamese designer Lam Gia Khang
The list compiled Vogue has been put together by some of the world's top fashionistas who nominate several designers, with each one representing the best in fresh talent from their respective regions.
The renowned publication quoted Lisa Ruffle, buying manager (ready-to-wear) of Moda Operandi, as saying that she originally discovered Vietnam-based Gia Studios on Instagram before falling in love with designer Lam Gia Khang's refined approach to reinventing the everyday wardrobe.
"Khang embodies the simplicity and elegance of Vietnamese culture in a way that feels fresh and innately feminine, drawing on traditional Vietnamese craftsmanship to deliver precise tailoring and distinctive designs," Ruffle noted.
The 27-year-old Khang originally launched Lam Gia Khang brand in October, 2014 before going on to launch four collections and hold two fashion shows on his own.
In 2015, Khang was named among the "30 under 30" list by Forbes Vietnam to honour 30 outstanding people under 30 years old who are significant influencers in their business fields in the nation. He was in the Top 3 of the Project Runway Vietnam in 2013 and achieved the Upcoming Fashion Designer Of The Years at Elle Style Awards from Elle Vietnam in 2015.
The list of Vogue's top eight emerging international designers are Kika Vargas of Colombia, Australian pair Juliette Harkness and Emma Nelson from Deiji Studios, Bevza of Ukraine, and Gruzia Nina and Gvantsa Macharashvili from Mach & Mach of Georgia. This is in addition to Sindiso Khumalo of South Africa, Thakoon Panichgul from Hommegirls of the United States, and Dami Kwon and Jessica Jung from We11done of the Republic of Korea.
- Designer masters boho blend of classic & edgy
- Master of motion Alexander Calder to lead Tate's 2015 programme
- Ex-Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman thrusts stiletto into successor
- Ex model, 85, in fashion shoot after Vogue photographer spots her in OAP home
- Cara Delevingne wields a baton as she joins stunning girlfriend Ashley Benson and slip-clad Zoe Kravitz in leading the stars at Gucci Met Gala after-party
- Run, rabbit, run! China releases 308lb rover named Jade Rabbit 2 to trundle across the far side of the moon at a maximum speed of 220 yards per hour carrying out mineral, biological and radiation tests as it prepares to build a 'lunar base'
- Mary Poppins Returns: Emily Blunt looks practically perfect in a sweeping silk sapphire gown as she leads the stars on the blue carpet at film's London premiere
- Meghan Markle Vogue cover - 15 inspirational women the Duchess admires most
- The Top 10 Intelligent Designs (or Creation Myths)
- Harford Crisis Center Named in Honor of the Klein Family
- This former Apple designer is taking on Amazon’s Twitch with $146 million and Fox’s backing
- Deluxe Promotes CFO Eric Cummins To CEO As It Emerges From Chapter 11
- ‘It’s eating me alive:’ DeMarcus Cousins again leading Kings’ longshot playoff push
- India has registered its name in the list of space superpowers, Modi declares
- Fire Up the Tea Kettle, Because Fashion Beef's A-Brewin'
- Throws of passion: how pottery became a refuge from our hyperconnected times
- Cheeky, cartoonish … and under threat: why our postmodern buildings must be saved
- Meet OffWorld: the startup that wants to mine the moon with a swarm of robots
- Found art: Cornelia Parker and Jarvis Cocker share their spoils
- Ai Weiwei: 'Every day I think, this will be the day I get taken in again...'
Lam Gia Khang named among leading emerging designers by Vogue have 569 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.