The event gathers the top kite makers in the province for activities through June 12.
At the festival (Photo: VNA)
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Vice Chairman of the provincial People's Committee Nguyen Dung said kite making in Hue city has become famous to international friends through major exhibitions and festivals worldwide. The traditional craft has been introduced in Indonesia, India, Thailand, France and international sea festivals hosted in Vietnam, he noted. Dung voiced his belief that the kite festival will contribute to the development and conservation of the traditional kite making and flying of Hue. The festival will include several kite flying shows, an exhibition of beautiful kites and workshops on kite making and decoration. There are sidelines activities, like singing and fashion shows, traditional games, a kite making contest and a kite painting contest for children. Exhibitions, shows, games and contests will take place in Tu Tuong Park near the famed Truong Tien Bridge. Kite flying shows by popular artisans will be held at Ngo Mon Square in the citadel on the afternoons of June 8 and 9. Kite flying was once a key source of entertainment for children in the summer months. Kite making and kite flying have long been considered an art form in this central province thanks to the diversity of kites created by local artisans. Local kites come in different sizes, types and colours and often resemble animals. The event is part of the effort to make Hue busy with festivals year-round, as defined in the Government proposal to build it into "a city of festivals".
- Moraira Music Festival Kicks off in Style
- Kite Flying
- Experience - Colors of Malaysia Festival
- The Joy of Kite Flying
- Flying Kites is an Informal Pastime
- Vacation With the Islanders: Caribbean Festivals
- Presenting: Toronto's WinterCity Festival - Culinary Treats, Arts and Entertainment
- Travel Seattle - Local Favorite Seattle Festivals
- Blue Ridge Mountain Festivals
- Spanish Fiestas and Festivals: Join the Non-stop Celebration
- Springing the Blues in Jacksonville: Florida's Largest Free Outdoor Music Festival
- Marketing Your Art Though Art Shows and Festivals
- Celebrate Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas and New Yearâ€™s festivities onboard RoyalCaribbean Crui
- South by Southwest Festival in Austin
- A Guide To Starting Your Own Music Festival
- Strength Training Anatomy - Fit-To-Fat Melt-Downs Phased Into Festive Season
- 2006 BVI Spring Regatta & Sailing Festival
- Kick Back on Cocoa Beach
- Fano: A Dream of a Holiday Destination
- Mind Your (Movie) Manners
Kite festival kicks off in Thua Thien-Hue have 418 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 9, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.