Bamboo Cinema at Topas Ecolodge Resort in the northern province of Lao Cai, home to resort town Sa Pa. Here tourists can watch movies amid the green landscape of the Hoang Lien Son mountain range and enjoy the starry sky.
Seats are mostly made of bamboo, lending the theater its name.
Every evening, it screens classic Vietnamese works like “The Scent of Green Papaya”, “Top Gear – the Great Adventure Vietnam Special” and drama movies like “Girl from Hanoi” or “The Deserted Valley”. The cinema also serves snacks like cheese popcorn and rice pancakes.
Topas Ecolodge, just 15 kilometers from downtown Sa Pa, was named a top eco-friendly resort by National Geographic. Prices at the resort start at VND7 million ($303.75) a night. If you want to experience the outdoor cinema, you will have to pay about VND600,000.
Covering 15 hectares of mountainous hills in Panh Hamlet, Mai Chau Town of Hoa Binh Province, Avana Retreat also provides an outdoor movie experience.
The outdoor cinema is designed by the resort in a green garden with cotton seats and seating mats. At 8:30 p.m. every night, visitors can watch movies on a giant screen amidst the peaceful landscape close to nature.
Room rates at Avana Retreat cost from VND5 to 20 million ($216.71-866.84) a night.
Ha Long Town in the northern province of Quang Ninh, home to the eponymous world-famous bay, recently launched a drive-in theater at its international passenger port.
For VND50,000 ($2.17), car owners can watch a movie on a giant screen and tune their car radios to a provided frequency to hear the audio.
The theater, which has a capacity of 180 cars, has screened a lot of Hollywood movies in the last few months.
The cinema is open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.
This outdoor cinema beside a pristine beach at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay in Ninh Hoa Town in the central province of Khanh Hoa was voted one of the world's most beautiful by The Venue Report .
The cinema serves the resort's guests from 8:30 p.m. Visitors wishing to book a private movie would have to pay $150 for two people, with popcorn included.
The resort consists of 54 villas covering an area of lush greenery. The only way to access the resort is by boat, which takes around 20 minutes.
In 2018, Vinpearl Resort put into operation its 'outdoor cinema service' in Nha Trang beach town (Khanh Hoa Province), Cua Hoi beach in Nghe An and Ha Tinh. The movie theater is arranged over a large space by the beach with a 200-inch 4K screen and 4K projector. Visitors can lie on long chairs or sit on bean bags to watch movies.
There is a food combo with prices from VND80,000 per person. The cinemas typically screen movies thrice a week.
Naman Retreat Resort in Da Nang has a poolside cinema, surrounded by green coconut trees. The cinema is open every Monday and Thursday, from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., suitable for visitors who have just finished walking along the beach.
At Six Senses Con Dao in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, the outdoor cinema space is in the middle of a palm forest. Soft upholstered chairs and flickering candlelight help guests relax and enjoy blockbuster movies. The cinema is open from 8 p.m. every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
The cinema of Meliá Ho Tram Resort in Vung Tau, capital of Ba Ria-Vung Tau, is on a green lawn by a lake. The cinema is close to villas and each position is arranged with a stuffed chair, along with a bamboo and rattan table for drinks and a lamp.
The service is open to all in-house guests at the resort. There are movie screenings for children in the afternoons and family movies in the evenings.
Room rates at Meliá Ho Tram starts from VND2.9 million a night.
Photos courtesy of the resorts
- The luxury resort inspired from unwanted items
- Visiting Chernobyl nuclear disaster site is among most desired travel experiences
- Responsible tourism, adventure and reinventing luxury: highlights of London's World Travel Market
- The World Travel Market: giving us a taste of travel experiences waiting to be discovered
- McLaren Reveals Luxury Luggage Set For Its New GT Sports Car
- Inside Justin and Hailey Bieber’s new £6.7million Beverly Hills mansion with Seasame Street toys, vintage arcade games and sexy portrait of them kissing
- Travel firms offer promotions for summer tours
- Premier Village Phu Quoc Resort wins three international awards
- Travel Watch: Phoenix’s Spring Training Is Coming Soon, A Flight Away From Pittsburgh
- Travel Deal Tuesday: Best deals from the Click Frenzy travel sale
- 2017 travel planner: where to go on holiday … and when
- Sir Richard Branson reveals what Aussies can expect from his new adults-only cruise
- Alton Towers unveil two very unique new attractions - and they're open very soon
- An outdoor swimming tour of London – top 10 lidos and ponds
- You can get paid to go on free luxury Greece holidays - and bring a friend along
- Katherine Kelly's travel diary: a family cruise
- Theater Review: Aaron Sorkin’s
- Tourism expert: 'Many say they want to travel sustainably — but then they don't'
- How Indians will travel in 2019
- New Room With a View: One More Reason to Love Baltimore
Inside luxury resorts, outdoor theaters offer new travel experience have 851 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.