The Ministry of Transport have given in-principle approval for a project to use steam trains on a Danang-Hue railway section.
According to the ministry, the project, which is jointly invested by Vietnam Railway Corporation and the Indochina Rail Tourist Service Company, will use steam trains on the North-South railway route's Danang-Hue section in the central region.
A steam train to be used for the Danang-Hue railway section
To operate the project, the investors need to complete necessary infrastructure conditions such as swing bridges and fire hydrants. The ministry has asked them to speed up the work. The steam train operations must not affect passenger and goods transportation on the North-South railway route. Project investors have to pledge to pay the fees for the railway section's use and return the infrastructure once being requested by the ministry. Last year, the Indochina Rail Tourist Service Company planned to restore three defunct steam locomotives and 10 carriages for tourism services in the Danang-Hue railway section. The project's total investment will be around VND81 billion (USD3.6 million). Steam trains stopped operating in Vietnam from the 1990s, replaced by diesel-driven locomotives.
- Sa Dec flower village to be turned into tourism culture centre
- Hundreds of Danang firms shut down as China market still closes
- Da Nang pours money to develop tourism in ancient village
- Đà Nẵng pours money to develop tourism in ancient village
- CDWP approves Rs133b worth of projects
- China's island province to develop horse racing without gambling
- Vietnam focuses on training sci-tech workforce
- Developing countries brace for bigger blow than 2008 crisis
- The Spot newsletter: What happened during Colorado’s primary elections, a new Aurora mayor, train horn news, more drilling on public lands? and more
- Coronavirus pandemic | From exam gloves to ventilators, DIY solutions are gaining steam
- 'It’s a razor’s edge we’re walking': inside the race to develop a coronavirus vaccine
- "Roll in the cranes" for Waikato Regional Theatre project
- Google launches €150m fund for publishers' digital news projects
- AR therapy for kids on autism spectrum may be headed for FDA approval
- Government notifies 3-tier institutional mechanism to implement National Technical Textiles Mission
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 3
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 4
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 27
- Uni-Bio Science Group Limited 2019 Announces Annual Results
- Corona Chronicles: Bethenny Frankel’s BStrong Donates Test Kits, An Actor Reveals Diagnosis, and Other Personal Stories
Hue-Danang steam train project for tourism development approved have 382 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.