The tricky thing with walking directions is that it's hard for your phone to know which direction you're looking. Google Maps solves this problem with handy 3D walking directions that overlay navigation instructions onto the real world.
What You'll Need
Google Maps ' 3D walking directions use augmented reality to display directions in the real world as viewed through your camera. This means that you'll need a phone that supports Apple or Google's AR platforms. The full list can be found on Google's website .
The second thing that you'll need is an area with Google Maps Street View coverage. If you're walking somewhere that isn't covered by Street View, you won't see the "Live View" option.
How to Use Google Maps Live View
Next, make sure that you're in walking mode at the top and select "Live View" in the bottom toolbar. You'll only see this option if walking mode is enabled in an area with good Street View.
The first time that you use this, there will be a few messages about how it works and the permissions it needs. Follow the steps to grant permission for the camera.
Now, you'll see Google Maps in a circular section on the bottom of the screen and the real world displayed above it. Landmarks and roads will be displayed over the top, and you'll see big arrows that show when you need to do something.
That's all there is to it. You can use this to get a better idea of where you're supposed to go in the real world. Using a digital map while you're walking can be a little annoying, but Google Maps ' Live View can help.
- › Your iPhone Pro Has LiDAR: 7 Cool Things You Can Do With It
- › What Is the Best VPN Protocol? OpenVPN vs. WireGuard vs. SSTP and More
- › The Best Gaming Laptops of 2022
- › How to Find Out How Much Your Old Mac Is Worth
- › What Is Screen Protector Hardness, and Does It Matter?
- › Why Aren't You Personalizing the Outside of Your Phone, Too?
- › All the Unnecessary Things Microsoft Added to Edge in 2021
- Google Maps wants to help you keep track of COVID-19 cases in your city
- Microsoft Flight Simulator modders are replacing Bing with Google Maps data
- Google Street View lets users upload photos from their cameras
- Hi, Where to Next? Huawei Launches Petal Maps, Docs to Rival Google Apps in Major Shift From US Tech
- Apple Maps’ new EV feature aims to eliminate range anxiety
- Google faces new antitrust case in India over abuse in smart TVs market, sources say
- Google Pixel 4a vs. Apple iPhone SE (2020): Can Pixel take a bite of the Apple?
- How Citymaps Is Trying To Take On Google
- Google Tilt Brush: 5 things to know
- Google expansion stimulates Vietnamese digital transformation
- The best Wear OS apps for your Google-powered smartwatch
- DoJ sues Google: Showdown with 'gatekeeper to the internet' over claims it uses its power unfairly to preserve a monopoly and shut out any search engine competitors
- Google will launch a website to provide Americans with information about COVID-19 today - but it's a far cry from the online self-screening tool President Trump promised
- Google's antitrust battles: Here's what you need to know
- Remove Google Search results you don’t want people to find
- Roman Britain map reveals the ancient roads built 2,000 years ago that you still drive on today
- The best smart home devices of 2020: Amazon, Google and Apple fight to control your house
- The best smart home devices for 2020: Amazon, Google and Apple race to control your house
- Sembcorp, Google sign deal to tap Singapore's solar energy
- The Rise of ‘The Walking Dead’
How to See 3D Walking Directions in Google Maps have 677 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at July 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.