Hospitals in Ho Chi Minh City discharged a record 4,353 COVID-19 patients on Tuesday, more than double the number a day before, according to the municipal Center for Disease Control (HCDC).
The newly-discharged patients raised the number of recoveries in the city since the disease first emerged in Vietnam in early 2020 to 21,338.
The Ministry of Health documented 2,858 domestic cases, including 2,115 in Ho Chi Minh City, on Wednesday morning.
The new infections took the city's caseload to 74,855, with 304 imported cases, in the fourth virus wave, which erupted in the country on April 27.
Medical forces are treating 39,114 patients, including 744 critical ones using ventilators and 13 others being supported by the extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), in the metropolis.
All 36 ongoing infection clusters have been closely monitored while no new infection chains emerged on Tuesday.
From May 26 to Tuesday, more than 2.5 million samples were collected from city dwellers for COVID-19 testing, with 112,485 of them pending results.
The HCDC requested that residents in medical isolation areas and those staying at centralized quarantine facilities follow COVID-19 prevention regulations and not share unverified information.
Vietnam had documented 117,121 COVID-19 cases by Wednesday morning, with 22,946 recoveries and 524 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health's statistics.
In the fourth bout, the country has recorded 113,345 local infections in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities.
- Foreign tourists overcharged by xich lo drivers in Ho Chi Minh City, again
- Houston Rockets sink 26 three-pointers to set new NBA record
- City set to offer free sanitary products
- Hanoi honours outstanding businesses following Uncle Ho’s teachings
- THE TALE OF TALES: SILVERSEA’S SILVER WHISPER SETS SAIL ON WORLD CRUISE 2019
- Hong Kong seizes $1m of rhino horn in record airport haul
- VIETWATER and RE & EE Vietnam 2017 open in HCM City
- MH370 pilot ‘deliberately deceived radar and new simulations prove it’, sleuth claims
- Recovery Dundee holds second ‘hangover-free’ New Year party
- Michael Bailey: Norwich City records and feeling at home – a Teemu Pukki appreciation piece
- What happened to the 46 signings Steve Bruce made at Hull City?
- Cardiff City's Emiliano Sala feared to be on plane which disappeared over Channel
- Cardiff City's Emiliano Sala was on plane which disappeared over Channel, French authorities say
- Rescue workers find aircraft parts in sea in search for missing Cardiff City star Emiliano Sala
- EFL: Billy Sharp's record among five things you may have missed
- Derelict Victorian pub set to be restored with student flats built above it
- Hull City takeover: All the key issues facing any potential buyer
- Celtic set to sign three defenders while Rangers consider three more new signings: Old Firm transfer rumours
- Police issue update on man who died in Dundee street incident as teen set to appear in court
- James Harden shines again as Houston Rockets overcome New Orleans Pelicans
Ho Chi Minh City sets new daily record of COVID-19 recoveries have 454 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.