As many as 1,955 COVID-19 patients were allowed to go home on Monday after successfully completing their treatment at local hospitals, according to the Ho Chi Minh City Center for Disease Control (HCDC).
The newly-discharged patients raised the number of recoveries in the city since the disease first emerged in Vietnam in early 2020 to 16,659, a representative of the HCDC said on Tuesday morning.
The Ministry of Health documented 2,764 domestic COVID-19 cases, including 1,849 in Ho Chi Minh City, on Tuesday morning.
The new infections took the city's caseload to 68,271, with 304 imported cases, in the fourth virus wave, which erupted in the country on April 27.
Medical forces are treating 37,714 patients, including 696 critical ones using ventilators and 13 others being supported by the extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), in the metropolis.
Fatalities caused by COVID-19 in the city mounted to 698, according to the HCDC’s statistics.
The municipal authorities are gradually revising its treatment strategy to limit the number of deaths and beef up the implementation of Directive No. 16 across the city, according to the HCDC representative.
All 38 ongoing infection clusters have been closely monitored, while a new infection chain has just been discovered in a residential area in Tan Binh District.
The city has also carried out five COVID-19 vaccination phases for residents belonging to 15 designated priority groups.
In the latest phase that commenced on July 22 , every inoculation site handles only 120 people a day to ensure safety and social distancing rules.
People with underlying medical conditions or over 65 years old get their injection at hospitals, while those of other designated groups receive their shots at injection venues set up in their wards and communes.
Vietnam had documented 109,111 COVID-19 cases by Tuesday morning, with 18,570 recoveries and 524 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health's statistics.
In the fourth bout, the country has recorded 105,338 local infections in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities.
- Vietjet operates direct flights from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City to New Delhi
- Vietjet connects New Delhi with Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh City
- Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City among Vietnam’s worst on corruption control: PAPI report
- Second tunnel of Ho Chi Minh City subway line nears completion
- Australia Day 2017- Family event in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh Trail’s ending point recognised as special national relic
- Nearly 13,000 runners compete in HCM City International Marathon
- Best pho chefs, brands honored at 2019 Day of Pho
- Events in Hanoi & HCM City on May 13-19
- Nearly VND2,000 billion to upgrade HN-HCM City railway system
- Sweat it out: Saigonese struggle as heat wave bakes city
- HCM City fails to find solutions to housing supply problem
- Australian warship to pay five-day visit to central Vietnam
- A visit to Vietnam’s Ho Tram, before the crowds: As more Koreans flock to Da Nang and Nha Trang, a new resort town pops up
- China-Vietnam economic forum held in Vietnam's HCM City
- National volunteer day 2019 held in Hanoi
- HCM City to host machinery, supporting industry fairs
- Water source a lifeline for farmers near U Minh Thuong national park
- 5-day Novaland Expo leaves prospective buyers excited
- Welcome to Fear City! How New York police issued an unprecedented pamphlet in 1975 warning tourists to stay off the streets as the city grappled with rocketing crime and grime as it teetered on the brink of bankruptcy
Ho Chi Minh City discharges nearly 2,000 COVID-19 patients a day have 546 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.